first hunt | dean x nephilim!reader

type: no ship
warnings: gore, female vessel!cas, destiel, mild swearing

imagine: your father, dean, takes you on your first hunt to take down some vampires

"You all ready, Y/N?" Your dad called through the bunker. You were practically shaking with excitement as you paced into the main corridor. You nodded with a smile.

"Stay safe." Sam directed with a soft voice. You held a small, ragged duffel bag in your right hand, which you brought a small cross necklace out of.

"It's all good, Uncle Sam. I have my lucky charm," You said with a semi joking voice. He grinned, wavering you to the front door. Dean gently opened the door for you, and you made your way to the impala.

It was a whole other experience sitting in the front seat knowing that you weren't just going on a trip to the store. You were actually going on a hunt.

Baby roared to life, and you criss crossed your legs. "Remind me where we're going, Chief." He grinned, looking at you in the corner of his eye.

"Toledo, Ohio. I thought it was something huge, but Sam said it's probably just a nest vampires," You grinned, looking out the window with passion.

Your father smiled, "Sounds like a plan. Sam and I went there a few years back. Great burger place."

Your fingers slowly retreated from their clenched position, and you noticed you were still holding the necklace. You placed it around your neck, tucking the golden cross inside your shirt.

Your mother frantically paced around the room, quickly grabbing necessities and throwing them into a duffel bag. Your six year old self was fairly confused. "Mommy? What are you doing?" You asked, tugging at the hem of her skirt. She gently ripped your fingers away from her skirt, continuing.

"Just a minute, Darling. Mommy is a little busy right now," She humbly replied, hiding small beads of tears rolling down her face. She grabbed a small white box, handing it to you. "This is a little gift for you to remember me by, okay?"

"What does that-" You began. You heard the screech of tires outside the house, and you ran to the front window. A sleek black car had pulled up, and a man stepped out with a worrisome look on his face. He sped to the front door, not bothering to knock.

"Cas," He mumbled breathlessly. He paced to your mother holding her face in his hands. He kissed her softly before stating, "We gotta get out of here."

"Dean, I can't come with you. The other angels will just track me down again. Take Y/N. I trust you with her," Your mother said through tears. She handed him the duffel bag. "I love you. Go."

The man had pure terror in his eyes, but he nodded weakly. He paced over to you with caution. "Hey, Honey. I'm your dad, Dean. We gotta go, okay?" He smiled at you. You looked back between the man and your mom.

"What about Mommy?" You asked.

"Mommy is gonna be just fine, but we gotta get out of here first. How about some food? I'm sure you'd love to have some ice cream right about now," He grinned with a pinch of pain. A smile crept onto your face as you sheepishly nodded.

"We're here," A voice spoke, waking you up abruptly. The sky was dark, and you sat up to remind yourself where you were: The Impala. Toledo, Ohio. Abandoned house. "Ready?"

A small pit of discomfort piled into your stomach as you mumbled, "Yep." You exited the car, heading straight towards the trunk. It popped open, and your father handed you a machete.

"Alright. Aim for the neck, and stay behind me," He explained, quieting his voice. You nodded, and he began trailing into the building.

You gripped onto the machete's handle with force. You stayed quiet, but grabbed your father's shoulder when you noticed a vampire's faint shadow around the corner. You wavered to it, and he nodded.

He quickly swung his blade at the position of the vampire, chopping off its head with ease. He spotted a crest on the vampire's wrist, and went to examine.

You had stayed behind the wall, very cautiously checking the other way.

In an instant, there was a grip on your wrists and around your mouth. You screeched, "Dad!" There was a quick heaviness to your head. Your eyes drooped before closing fully.

You tensed as you awoke, stifling a groan. "Ah, you're awake," A voice called. You looked up to see a man of about 25 with a mischievous grin on his face.

You pulled at your wrists, but you were greeted with metal cuffs. "So what are you gonna do? Kill me?" You asked, ignoring your fears. The man hopped off of the small rolling cart, letting it fling across the room.

"Hell no," He smirked. "You're the nephilim, right? Y/N Winchester? They've been trying to track you forever. I just want a taste of nephilim blood. See, I've had angels blood, demon blood, and of course human blood. Nephilim has to taste better than that, though. It's rare."

You stayed quiet as he circled around you, tracing your eyes to his location. "That's it?" You asked.

"Well, I'm not just letting you wander out of here once I'm done, of course."

You tried using any form of power, but they had been severely dimmed by another form of magic. You created a small electric shock between you and the cuffs, and the vampire merely giggled. You huffed out a quick breath.

The man neared you, resting his head teasingly on your shoulder. In seconds, you felt a pinch against your neck, and the uncomfortable sound of sucking. "S-Stop!" You managed to yell out. You tried jerking away, but he held your head in place.

You felt a sense of weakness, and you lowered your head in defeat. He finished for that round, standing up and wiping his mouth. He slowly paced over to the table, picking up a small glass bottle and a pocket knife. "See, it's the grace that makes it tastes so great. It makes your blood... sweet."

He paced towards you once more, and you tried to scrunch your neck down. He raised up your chin, a smile on his face.

"Don't struggle. I might accidentally cut too deep," He commanded.

He cut a thin line across your throat, dragging your grace out. You felt drowsy, and there was a bang at the doors behind you.

The scene blurred right through you, and the next thing you knew, you were being untied by your father. The man's body lay decapitated on the floor. "Dad?" You mumbled, a sort of gruffness to your voice.

"You're okay. You're okay," He soothed, ripping off long piece of his flannel and wrapping it delicately around your neck. "It's okay."

He helped you to walk back to the impala, and you lied down in the front seat with a heavy sigh. "That was cool as shit," You laughed, instant regret pooling as a fire burned in your throat. "So... Burgers?"

Your father smiled, handing you the small capsule that contained your grace. "That's my girl."

{shelby}
{1214}