Chapter 1

Taehyung walked down the busy streets of Seoul slowly. He looked around and watched the people pass by, but nobody seemed to see or care about him. Taehyung took a sigh of relief. When it was like this, when eveSoobinne ignored his presence, Taehyung didn't end up hurting at the end of day.

Most people hated being lonely, but to Taehyung, it was the greatest relief he could have.

When he was alone, he could do anything he wanted and nobody cared. Well actually, nobody cared about him in general, but when he was left alone, Taehyung was content with himself.

He approached to a convenience store and got two breads and some cheese and four tomatoes.

He went to the cashier quickly, careful not to draw anyone's attention, and smiled at the man.

"Good afternoon. How are you today?"

The man didn't even spare a glance at Taehyung and kept looking out of the enormous windows of the store.
Swallowing the lump in his throat, Taehyung left the exact amount on the desk and left the store slowly. He wasn't allowed to buy too many things, so he knew their prices as he knew his own name.

When he started towards his little place he wasn't as lucky as before. A few people noticed him and didn't hide their hateful words from him. Taehyung lowered his face and quickened his steps, trying to escape from the crowded streets at once.

"Taehyung!"

He stilled as he heard his name being called.

Smiling heartedly, Taehyung entered his favorite ramen stand and greeted the old man.

"Good afternoon. How are you today?"

"Good!" The man smiled at Taehyung.

"How about you?"

"As usual," Said Taehyung and shrugged.

They both fell silent after that. Both knew what Taehyung's usual included.

"I have hot ramen. Do you want some?" Sejin asked kindly.

"Thank you!" Taehyung smiled at the man.

"But I already made my shopping, so…"

Again, they both knew what that meant. Taehyung rarely got D-rank missions, so he couldn't afford anything easily.

Taehyung was a fallen fighter. He was the object of hatred of the whole city. Even the closest to him had turned their back on him. Were they right? Maybe… Taehyung hadn't been able keep any of his promises. To bring Jungkook back, to bring peace, to be the Leader, to be accepted and respected by everyone…

After Rogue's attack Taehyung had thought the city would appreciate him, but no… He had been thrown into a corner right after that. Because he had showed what kind of a demon he was, how untrustworthy and dangerous he was…

"It's on me," Sejin said.

Taehyung smiled at the one of the few people who was kind to him.

"It's alright. I'm not hungry now."

"Hmm," The old man rubbed his chin.

"I need to clean the front of the stand but my back's killing me today. Maybe you can help me with it and I offer you some ramen to thank you?"
Taehyung smiled at the man softly.

"Yeah, of course I'll help you!"

"Then eat before to gain strength!" Sejin smiled and put a bowl of ramen in front of Taehyung.

Smiling happily, Taehyung ate his treat quickly and started sweeping the front of the store. He didn't linger with his task, for he knew, nobody would come to the ramen shop as long as he was there.