Chapter 4

Jungkook played with Taehyung's hair as he watched his serene, sleeping face. Kissing Taehyung's scarred cheek, he left the bed.
It was already morning and the sun was too bright to let Jungkook sleep. He decided to prepare Taehyung some breakfast but before he could, the dinosaur on the drawer beside the bed drew his attention.

Grabbing the old toy, Jungkook studied it. Jungkook had given it to Taehyung when he was seven. The stuffed animal was the most beloved toy Jungkook had, and it was only logical for him to give it to Taehyung. But, Jungkook never thought that Taehyung would keep it this long and treasure it this much. The simple but the pure devotion Taehyung had for him was enough to squeeze Jungkook's heart and leave him breathless for a moment.

Jungkook reached to the photograph and took a moment to study his young face. He was looking sideways in the photo and Jungkook knew that he was glaring at Taehyung while Taehyung turned the gesture heatedly. Call him crazy, but Jungkook missed Taehyung's glares, calling him bastard, the way his face would turn red when Jungkook insulted him or the way he would blush when Jungkook got closer to him. His goofy smiles, his stupid behaviors, his carelessness, his childishness… Jungkook wanted them back, all of them. Because they all belonged to Jungkook just as Taehyung belonged to him, and Jungkook loved his moron just the way he was.

Walking silently, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's backpack and looked inside. There was nothing in there except a scarf. Jungkook took it and looked at it intently. It was dark blue and had some dried blood on it. Sighing, Jungkook dropped his scarf in the bag again.
Glancing at the heavily sleeping brown hair again, Jungkook left the room silently.

Taehyung awakened with a start. He sat up quickly as he panted like he had run a marathon. He wrapped his arms around his shaking frame as he tried to get rid of the effects of his nightmare. He looked to the other side of the bed but there was no trace of Jungkook.

Getting panicked, Taehyung called out softly, "Jungkook?"

When he got no reply, Taehyung left the bed slowly and called out again, "J-Jungkook?!"

Taking a few erratic breaths, Taehyung left the room quickly and started running down the hall.

"Jungkook…" He whined as he sobbed loudly.

"Taehyung," Jungkook appeared out of nowhere with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Y-You are here!" Taehyung shouted and then threw himself in Jungkook's arms.

"What's wrong Taehyung?" Jungkook asked again as he held Taehyung tightly.

He was in the kitchen making sandwiches and trying to send Lisa away when he heard Taehyung's teary voice.

"I th-thought you left me," Taehyung sobbed into Jungkook's chest.

"I thought I l-lost you again."

Sighing softly, Jungkook scooped Taehyung up, who didn't protest, and took him back to his room. He let Taehyung sat on the bed as he kneeled before him.

"Taehyung," Jungkook started softly as he wiped his tears.

"I promised you, haven't I? I'll never leave you again..."

"W-What of you start thinking th-that I'm a demon. I-I am useless, and I am-"

"Shh," Jungkook stopped Taehyung saying more by putting his fingers over his lips. He needed to make Taehyung believe him, but how? He took a moment to collect his thoughts and then a distant thought he always had at the back of his mind surfaced again. It would make them both happy. Smiling at Taehyung softly, Jungkook kissed Taehyung's pouty lips who seemed to be shocked with the contact.