Chapter 2

Taehyung walked to the Leader tower slowly. It was still early for people to be up, so Taehyung walked without being disturbed this time.

The sun was bright and it reflected on Taehyung's pale skin. He wasn't a part of any team anymore and he rarely got missions and he wanted to protect himself from the people, so he mostly spent his time in his little, dark house. Therefore he had lost the tanned skin he once had. But, it didn't disturb Taehyung. He had let go of life, nothing disturbed him anymore.

When he entered the tower, he was planning to talk to the Leader and request a mission. But when he saw Nana walking up his way with Naeun, he stopped suddenly and smiled at her,

"Good morning Nana-ah. How are you today?"

Nana glared at him for a moment and then kept her way with her closest friend.

Nana was the first one to push him away. She was right in doing so, right? Taehyung hadn't been able to keep his promise after all…
In a usual day Taehyung would disregard it but when he heard them talking about his Jungkook, he just had to follow silently.

"We'll bring him for sure," Nana was saying. "Hye Jin-ssi sending such a big party this time!"

"When we're departing?" Naeun asked and Nana answered quickly,
"In two days. Even a few Secret Bodyguard will accompany us!"

Taehyung's heart throbbed painfully. When Taehyung was still allowed to look for Jungkook, it was mostly four people but now, a big searching party with Secret Bodyguard… It was clear what their intent was. Hye Jin had never liked Jungkook, she hated him for being such a trouble and it seemed that she had decided to finish Jungkook off completely.

Stupid Nana. She had no idea what she was getting into. Taehyung bit his lips angrily and headed towards the room of the Leader. He hid himself from the eyes and started waiting. He wasn't sure how long he waited silently but when he saw the Leader and her two advisors leaving the room, he sneaked inside silently. Immediately, he run into the desk and started searching through numerous cases. After struggling for a while Taehyung found the one he was looking. There, Jungkook's assumed whereabouts.

It was all Taehyung needed. He left through the window and went to his home to take a few things. He had made up his mind, and everything was clear to him as the day. He left the city he used to call as home without anyone noticing. He didn't look back.

Taehyung panted heavily as he walked in the depths of a forest. He had to search through lots of places a couple day and he had ended up here finally.

He could feel Jungkook close by and his legs slowed down in anticipation. What would he say? What would he do? It had been years…

Taehyung stopped as he reached to a small clearing. It was green and covered with various flowers. There was a river beside it, running lazily. And there Jungkook was.
He stood in the middle of the clearing without moving, his eyes fixed on Taehyung.

Taehyung gulped hardly as tears filled his eyes. It had been too long since he had last seen his beloved. He was taller now, he had gained weight and muscles and he had his hair longer than Taehyung ever remembered. It had been tied back in a high pony-tail and it was reaching to his shoulder blades. His skin was milky as ever, his dark eyes captivating… He was just so beautiful.

Without knowing what to do, Taehyung said the first thing that came to his mind,

"Good afternoon Jungkook. H-How are you today?"

"Did you come all the way here to ask me that?" Jungkook asked impassively as he eyed Taehyung.
He looked different.

He had lost weight, Jungkook could tell. He looked so small and fragile. His golden hair reached to his shoulders now, very much like his father's, and Jungkook liked it for some reason. He was almost as pale as Jungkook now, and Jungkook wasn't sure what to think of it.

What was most surprising about Taehyung was his outfit. He was wearing black shorts and a long sleeved black t-shirt. He had a small backpack on his back, and he didn't have his hat over.

"Oh, n-no," Taehyung shook his head quickly.

"Don't you remember what I said to you last time?" Jungkook asked, irritated by the brown hair's unresponsiveness.

Taehyung nodded as he started scratching his left cheek's lowest scar. It already had turned into a wound and now, was bleeding anew. "Y-You will destroy Seoul, a-and kill me first."

Jungkook frowned. "So, why come to me knowing that?"

"A search p-party is after you. They should be here in a few days," Taehyung said quickly. "A-And I thought it didn't matter."

Jungkook's frown got deeper as Taehyung rolled up one of his sleeves and started scratching the numerous, infected wounds. "What doesn't matter?"

"I die n-now or then," Taehyung shrugged and approached Jungkook slowly. "How are you today, Jungkook?"

"I'm fine," Jungkook said slowly.
Taehyung smiled heartedly after hearing that. "I am so glad then… C-Can I touch you?"

Eyeing the once his team mate and lover, Jungkook gave a slow nod, wondering about Taehyung's intentions.

Smiling hesitantly, Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face and rubbed his cheeks with his thumbs. It was as pale and smooth as ever. Taehyung slid his hands down, and touched Jungkook's arms. They were perfect as he had ever been. Taehyung smiled happily as he took a step backwards away from his love. He had no wounds or scars. Nobody had hurt him. Taehyung was ready for real, now.

"Won't you try to stop me?" Jungkook asked as he watched Taehyung's, somehow, happy face.

"Won't you try to take me back home?"

"Oh, no," Taehyung smiled at Jungkook. "I, now, understand that home is where your heart is. There is no home for us there…"

He looked past Jungkook and run into the river side with a huge smile. He kneeled down and put his hands in the cold water in wonder. Then, he wet his bleeding cheek with the cool liquid, which helped to ease the irritation.

Humming to himself, Taehyung opened his backpack and took of a stuffed dinosaurus and a paper piece, which Jungkook assumed as a photograph. Pushing the bag away, Taehyung laid down, facing the river, and pressed the dinosaurus and the photograph into his heart.

"It's warm here," Taehyung commented.

"C-Can you make it quick? I don't want to hurt anymore…"

Swallowing a lump, Jungkook walked up to Taehyung.

"Oh Jungkook, can I ask for something?" Taehyung looked up to Jungkook with a smile. "Like my last wish?"

Jungkook gave a nod.

Taehyung smiled happily. "Can you push me into the water after I die? You know, I don't know how to swim and I always wanted to feel the water around me. I feel like I'll be free…"

Jungkook gave another nod.

"Thank you so much!" Taehyung gave Jungkook another bright smile. "I hope you'll achieve all of your goals," He turned to face the river as he heard Jungkook unsheathing his sword.

"Good night Jungkook," Taehyung clutched the items closer to his chest. "…I love you."

After a moment everything was dark. Dark and peaceful.