Chapter 2

''Seth, you're really slacking today,'' Jules said to me, his foot on my chest. He had a smirk on his lips, glancing down at me. We were at hand-hand combat practice, and If I'm being honest... I didn't want to be here. I feel like crawling into my bed and not coming out, and I don't feel like listening to Jules gloat to me.

''Just because your girlfriend is here, doesn't mean you should be cocky. You know full well I can have you pinned to the floor in a second.'' I snapped back to him. I heard the laughter of Estelle fill the room, and I watched the flustered expression on Jules's face.

''I'd pay money to see that happen...'' She said. I felt a smirk form on my lips, wrapping my hand around Jules's foot.

''Wait, Seth-''

I pushed myself up off the ground, my hand secured around his foot. He fell back on the floor with a high pitched scream, his head smashing against the mattress of the floor. His grey eyes widened with fear as I climbed on top of him, holding his hands above his head.

''How are you so strong?'' He asked me breathlessly, struggling to get out of my grip. I shook my head, the smirk still present on my lips.

''I told you Jules, don't be so cocky or you'll embarrass yourself in front of your girlfriend. You caught me off guard, that's all.''

Estelle slowly walked over to us, clapping her hands. Her brown, curly hair bounced with every step she took. I always admired the way she looked; but I would never date her, obviously. I've known Estelle and Jules since sixth grade, they have been dating since seventh. Estelle had long curly brown hair to her shoulders, and she had beautiful dark glowing skin. Her eyes were a soft caramel color, and a pair of full lips.

I climbed off of Jules, looking down at his terrified expression. I rolled my eyes, reaching down and pulling him up by his shirt.

''You look like you saw a ghost, Jules.'' Estelle murmured to him, reaching over and running her fingers through his curly blonde locks. He smiled against her touch, pulling her in an embrace.

''Get a room....'' I mumbled, walking over to the bench in the corner of the room. They followed behind me, laughter filling the room.

''Seth, you have to find a girlfriend or something... you're always complaining about us being lovey with each other.'' Estelle mumbled.

''I do not need anyone, I'm fine with being alone. My mother is running the kingdom by herself, I can do the same.'' I snapped, picking up my shirt from the bench. I pulled it on over my torso, throwing my bag over my shoulder. I don't know why I get so angry over this topic... they always tell me that I need to find somebody, somebody to help me run the kingdom when It's my time. I don't need anyone. I was just generally in a bad mood today, I had that stupid nightmare this morning, and whatever that memory was by the stream. I just don't understand what's happening to me...

''Seth, you're acting weird... what's wrong?'' Jules asked me, reaching out and placing a hand on my shoulder. I quickly pulled myself away from his touch, whipping myself around towards them.

''I said I'm FINE,'' I yelled at him, clenching my fists. I watched as his face twisted with fear, his gaze directly in my eyes. Estelle looked at me in concern, her mouth opening to speak. I regretted yelling at him, but I just can't deal with utter bullshit today.

''I'm sorry,'' I said in almost a whisper, turning around and walking away from them. I had to get ready for the stupid dinner tonight with my mother tonight anyways...

Before I left the room, I heard the voice of Jules. His voice sounded shakyIt and terrified.

''...Did you see his eyes, Estelle?''