Chapter 25

Jaxon's POV

I sensed them. I felt two demons running freely in the castle... I felt them grow more weary with every step I took. They are definitely more obedient to Seth than me, due to him being the Prince of Demons...

But I've been around in the mythical world longer than him. The demons know who I am. They know that I'm royalty myself... and they know what I could do if they disobey me. The demon that had possessed Jules is going to be facing such awful punishments...

I wandered down the halls of the castle. The maids greeted me with a soft smile... they must be aware Seth is back. His people are kind people, really... I don't blame them for being judgemental at first. His ancestors have trained it into their minds that the mythical world is dangerous. Though back then humans were considered weak and useless... but now we don't want to fight. We want to join together as one.

I stopped in front of Seth's room. I knew Jules's parents were in the room... I felt it. I remember when I brought Seth into his room after returning to the castle... that's when I realized we were soul mates. It still amazes me to this day... oh how time passes.

I opened the doors to his room... the sight disgusting me.

The room was in shambles. They were going through everything that was his. His closet of clothes were thrown recklessly around the room. His jewels and other crowns were smashed on the floor. They were laughing demonically, how there was no way Seth was their Prince. A pampered Prince could never tell them what to do.

''How about the son of Leviathan?''

They whipped their heads around, their black eyes wide in fear. They were definitely Jules parents... his father looked just like him. It made my heart clench... why was the demon world in shambles? What has Lucifer been up to?

''Prince Jax-''

''Jaxon. Are you aware of what bodies you are in control of?'' I asked as I walked further into the room, the doors closing behind me. With every step I took... they took a step back.

''That kid Jules parents... we were just told what to do, sir.'' One of them said. The other one had a twisted smile on its face. It had the body of Jules father... but I knew what it was.

''Oh... it doesn't matter. They are just humans, Jaxon... It's not like you're one.'' They said viciously, approaching me. I reached my hand back towards my bow and arrow, making him stop in his place.

''You can't hurt me... you'd be killing the boy's father. Tragic, isn't it?'' It said with a smile. Jules's mother slowly approached me, the same smirk lingering on her face.

''It's not like you're pure yourself... you're half demon yourself. You'll never be perfect... you're impure. Just like us...'' It said. It's not like I wanted to be like this... They were telling me everything my uncle told me.

''Enough of this nonsense. Leave the bodies or you will be severely punished like your other demon friend.'' I snapped.

''This world... it's filled with the grotesque and divine. Human and the mythical world... two sides of the coin. But you've seemed to get both sides... head and tail.'' Jules's mother said to me. She walked beside me, trailing her nail down my jaw.

''I wonder how it is... knowing you're half of the lowest class on this earth. A filthy little demon... Just like us. I wonder why our Prince was paired up with you... Nature seemed to pity you after your last fling.'' His father mumbled to me.

''Elena was her name... am I correct? The princess of Rome... the vampire girl.'' The mother said to him. He let out a demonic laugh as he rested his arm on my shoulder, gazing at me with a pitiful smirk.