Chapter 27

Seth's POV

''Seth... wake up.'' I heard Jayce say in a panicked voice. He shook me awake, mumbling incoherent words. I had a pounding headache... my whole body hurt.

''Jayce... what's wrong?'' Jaxon mumbled from beside me. I forced my eyes open, being met with the sight of Jaxon reaching for his glasses. He let out a deep yawn as he put his glasses on his face, gazing down at me with a soft smile.

''Don't mind him, Jayce... he's hung over. What's wrong?'' Jaxon asked once more.

''I-I went to go wake Jin up for the day like I usually do... He wasn't in bed. There was this note there... someone kidnapped my boy, I don't know where-''

I pulled myself out of my bed, gazing at Jayce with wide eyes. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, tears rolling down his face. He clenched the note he spoke of in his hands to his chest. His body shook with sadness as he sobbed...

''Jayce... did you look for him around the kingdom?'' Jaxon asked him. He nodded his head rapidly... I couldn't process what was happening. The headache I was having was awful.

''Jaxon... can you do something to take this hangover away?'' I mumbled. He nodded his head with a soft smile, clasping his hands together.

''Hold still.''

He thrust his hand forward, yellow smoke clouding my vision. The headache immediately left my head, the drowsy feeling also leaving me. I felt more aware of my surroundings... and the situation at hand. Jin was apparently missing.

''Let me see the note,'' I demanded. Jayce handed me the paper with shaky hands, a frown lingering on his lips. Usually, Jayce is the one who comforts us when things go wrong... he's the leader. I have to find Jin... regardless if he's in the kingdom or not. He may just be playing some sick trick on us...

I examined the note... it definitely wasn't his hand writing. Jin's handwriting is more neat and clear... this writing was scratchy and forced... it looked like it was written in a rush.

Before I could say anything, Magdalene ran into the room. She had tears streaming down her face, her pale skin flustered. Jayce adomatically held out his arms to her, holding her in a tight embrace.

''Darling... did you find him? Did you see anything last night?'' He asked her. She pulled away from his chest, wiping the tears from her eyes.

''We were sleeping last night in our bed... I woke up to him screaming. I-I don't know how to describe how they looked like... their bodys were like black smoke. Their eyes were red... I tried to fight them off... but they were too strong. I wasn't fast enough...'' She said, her voice shaking...

''...You descibed them well enough.'' Jaxon said, standing up from the bed. He made his way over to our dresser, throwing a shirt over his torso. Magdalene looked at him in confusion...

Their bodies... like black smoke. Blood red eyes...

''Those were demons. I knew something was going on in the demon world...'' Jaxon said. Jayce let out a low growl, clenching onto Magdalene tighter.

''What would demons want with my son? Are they AWARE who they are messing with? I-I am the HIGH WARLOCK-''

''Alright, alright. Calm down Jayce. You have a child in your arms.'' Jaxon snapped. Jayce slowly looked down at Magdalene in his arms, a sheepish smile lingering on his lips. He let go over her, reaching back and scratching his neck.

''Let's sit down and think about this. Jaxon, you could sense when demons are around... am I correct?'' I asked him. He nodded his head, slinging his bow and arrow over his back.