Chapter 34

Seth's POV

''Seth... I-I can't get them out fast enough, they are crowding near the entrance. The children haven't even-'' Estelle started. The sound of everyone screaming frantically filled my ears, the sound of children crying followed it.

I didn't reply as I walked towards the children, feeling as my wings extended out my back. I had to take them there myself... there wasn't enough time. They were going to be here any minute and only half of my kingdom had made it into the Wacan district.

The children sat on the ground, holding each other tightly as they cried out of fear. Their gaze instantly looked up to me, looking at my wings in amazement. I kneeled down in front of them, extending a hand.

''We have to go now, children. You're going to be safe with me, I promise.'' I said to them in a rush. They didn't hesitate as they stood up, crowding around in my arms. There was about four of them- one girl and three boys.

I picked them up in my arms, one of the boys wrapping his arms around me in fear. I turned my body back towards Estelle- she was looking at me with fear in her eyes.

''Keep pilling as many out as you could. I'm going to carry all the children out, once I'm done I'm going to carry you and Jules out.'' I stated. She nodded her head as I lifted myself up into the air. The children in my arms let out terrified whimpers, clenching onto my shirt as I flew through the air.

''King Seth... Who is coming?'' The girl asked me. These children were only about five or six... I can't discuss who is coming. Though... this might be a historical moment in history. The day that Lilith comes to France to destroy... and the day Leviathan and Lucifer may come to earth once more.

''A mean woman, my darling.'' I whispered to her. She nodded her head, her blond curls bouncing on her head.

''Do we know who she is?'' One of the boys in my arms asked me. He was a darker skinned boy with curly hair, his eyes were a chocolate brown like Estelle's. I don't think the children learn about myth's yet in school.

Well... she proved herself to be real.

''No, my boy. You will learn of her soon.'' I replied. They didn't ask me any other questions as I flew through the sky- They were most likely processing my words, trying to figure out who the woman was.

We arrived at the Wacan district- I couldn't help but frown at the sight. France has been divided into three districts- The Ikricaea empire where I live, the second district, The Wacan empire. And lastly, the Barith empire. I rule over all of the districts of course... but we separated France so we wouldn't have an overpopulation. I haven't visited the other districts in a long time- of course, the people were welcome to visit the Ikricaea empire, but I never really came to them.

I lowered myself down into the district- the sound of people arguing filling my ears. Everyone looked at me in amazement, mostly at my wings- I don't use them often... but they really are an amazing thing to have. Especially at times like these...

''King Seth! What is going on?''

''We don't mind that you're sending your people here... but it's kind of crowded!''

''Is this permanent?''

The people began crowding around me, throwing questions in every way possible. The children clenched onto my pants securely, obviously terrified of the approaching men and women.

''SILENCE!''

They immediately stopped at my words, bowing their heads like scolded dogs. I couldn't get a word out because of their shouting... and they were scaring the children. I understand that they are curious... but there's no reason to act like that.