Chapter 23

One day later, Avel's hanging.

Seth's POV

I gazed into the mirror as I buttoned up my shirt. Jayce said that we must dress appropriately... It is a serious matter. Avel Argyros is a big historic figure... a big historic figure who is finally getting what he deserves.

My eyes lingered up to my head. The black curls were resting on top of it... but no crown. I haven't worn my crown since we went to the other dimension. I'm still the prince of France... they haven't had the traditional ceremony for Jules. My people wouldn't do such a thing for him anyways... He's looking after the kingdom for now. He wanted to take things over... but he won't. Jayce's spies have been looking after the kingdom for a while now. They report back and say Jules is hiding in the Queen's room, clenching a sword and waiting for my return. He hasn't slept... hasn't eaten. Estelle has tried to make him eat for weeks now... of course, she'd force feed him soup amongst other things.

Estelle has watched over the kingdom... if you come to think of it. She's been giving food to the poor, comforting the children. They tell the children that I'm okay... that I'm going to return. That regardless of what I am they still love me. The children always get excited when they come around in the morning... they call her the 'Curly haired Goddess.'

I felt a smile lingering on my lips. I knew my kingdom was safe in her hands. We aren't children anymore... I could trust her. I will return momentarily.

My eyes wandered over to the dresser in my bedroom. My crown rested there... It seemed to stare at me with a glare. It was clean... but it isn't polished the way Valentin would do it. It's insane how your life could be altered in a matter of a month...

I slowly walked over to the dresser, the rubies glistening in the light. I'm not in the other dimension anymore... so why shouldn't I wear it? If I'm being honest... I feel naked without it. I've grown up wearing it. It symbolizes who I am and who I will be someday... Of course, when I'm King of France, I will wear my grandfathers crown. It obviously wasn't passed down to my father. It is the King's crown... not the prince's.

I placed the crown on my head, walking back over to the body mirror. The outfit I was wearing reminded me of the night of the ball. One of the other maids dressed me... she said that it suited me. I wore a black button down, black dress pants and a black tie. I fastened the belt around my waist, completing the look. Jayce told us we had to dress formally... It's a serious thing and we would be in the presence of the elder angels.

I made my way out into the living room, the sound of talking filled my ears. They were speaking in hushed tones... I wouldn't imagine anything less. We weren't really going anywhere exciting...

Everyone wore dark colored outfits. Jayce wore a plum-colored suit along with a tie. Elena wore a tight-fitting black dress along with black heels. Magdalene wore something similar to Elena's... I'm guessing she borrowed one of her dresses. Jin was staring at Magdalene with wide eyes, a deep blush spreading across his face as she spoke to him. He wore a dark red button up shirt along with black pants.

Jaxon was speaking to a guy I didn't quite know... but I couldn't help but notice how handsome Jaxon looked. His dark brown wavy hair rested on his head messily. He wore a grey button up shirt that was tight fitting. He wore black dress pants, his shoes matching the color of his pants.

''Good afternoon Seth, you look amazing,'' Jaxon said to me, breaking me out of my thoughts. He motioned for me to join them with a soft smile on his lips.

I examined the boy Jaxon was speaking to more clearly. He had dark brown hair to his shoulders, his eyes were also dark brown. His skin tone was almost a caramel color; a little lighter. You could tell that he was Native American... and a werewolf.