Chapter 38

Seth's POV

''What fruits should we get, Angel? Anything you want in specific?'' Jaxon asked me as we approached the market, the scent of all kinds of different foods filling my nose.

''Mm... maybe I should get the fruits. You broke out in hives when you picked up the Kiwis', remember?'' I said playfully. His lips twisted into a sheepish smile at my words, gazing off into the crowds of people.

''I didn't know I was allergic to them, darling... don't tease me.'' He said softly as we walked up to the vegetable stand. The person running the stand flashed me the biggest smile as I approached.

''Prince Seth... It's lovely to see you. How are you doing?'' He asked me.

Even though I'm technically not royalty anymore... they still call me Prince Seth. I've been their Prince for so many years now... they don' t want to forget the things I've done for them. They even let me keep the crown I wore all these years. Though I don't wear it anymore... I'm glad they did. It's not a remembrance of the battle of Lilith... I was King when that happened. That crown signifies what I truly have done for my people.

''I'm doing well, sir,'' I replied as I took a few carrots in my hands, placing them into the brown bag that Jaxon held in his hands. I gathered together a collection of lettuce, tomatoes, (Though, some argue that they are fruits...) cucumbers, onions, garlic... and the list goes on.

''I'm glad, Prince Seth... I was worried about you and your love here... We all are.'' The man said to us. I couldn't help but frown at his words as I reached in my pocket, pulling out the bag of coins I brought with Jaxon and I.

''The battle of Lilith is far behind us. We don't like to dwell in the past... we go forward.'' I murmured to him as I placed the coins in his hand. He nodded his head slowly, a soft smile lingering on his lips.

''You have a good day, boys.'' He said with a final word.

We made our way over to the fruit stand, the sight bringing a smile to my lips. Alva and Jin stood there picking out fruits peacefully, their hands intertwined. They have been together for quite a long time now... about seven months. They didn't waste much time getting together officially- though it really isn't a big deal with you're soulmates.

Their appearance changed a lot in the past nine months. Jin's hair was now laying freely at his shoulders, rather than the short haircut he had. He wore more revealing clothing lately... rather than his jackets that covered up his body. Alva had given him the confidence to show himself off. He reminds him each day that beauty isn't about being muscular and masculine... Jin was handsome in his own way. I thank Alva every day for giving him that confidence.

Alva still had his shaggy, white curls resting on the top of his head. He usually wore expensive outfits that he had gotten from hell- silk outfits that reminded me of a magician... but lately, he's been wearing simple outfits like a jacket and jeans.

''Well, look who it is...'' Jaxon said to Alva as we approached the fruit stand. Alva turned away from the stand, flashing us his signature white beautiful smile. His violet eyes were looking at us happily- another thing I'm thankful for every day. His sight.

We thought that Alva was permanently blind again because of Lilith. She had sunk her nails into his eyes, blinding him temporarily. If he wasn't immortal... he wouldn't have been able to anymore. Jaxon doesn't have a spell that fixes damaged eyes on humans... neither do I.

But since his eyes were damaged, he was able to heal in a matter of hours. Immortality does come with a lot of good things, to say the least...