Chapter 4

Unknown POV, Three days since the dinner

''This is bad, really really bad...'' The man muttered to the woman, bringing his nails to his mouth. He's always bitten his nails since he was a small boy, it was a bad habit of his.

''Get ahold of yourself! We have been alive for centuries, we have gotten through plenty of problems together, a silly marriage with the boy won't ruin anything!'' She said to him, taking him by the shoulders. He looked up at her in fear, his lip quivering.

''We were sent here by his father to watch over him, make sure nothing bad happens to him... including a marriage.'' He whispered to her. Her eyes widened, lowering her hands.

''Why would a marriage ruin anything?''

''You do remember why his father wants him in the first place, right? A marriage will bind him to the kingdom... not only that, he's going to end up hurting someone...'' He said to her.

I pulled myself out of the corner of the hallway, the sound of my boots making a satisfying click against the floor. They stopped talking suddenly, their eyes widening in fear.

I threw the wooden stake at the woman with full force, it connecting with her chest. She looked back at the man in fear, letting out an ear piercing scream before she disintegrated before him. He looked back at me, his fangs bearing.

''Who the hell are you?'' He asked me, backing into the wall behind him. I couldn't help but smirk at his fear. ''How did you get in the castle?''

''I should be asking you the same thing.''

He let out a low growl, a hiss leaving his lips. I watched as his eyes turned a blood red, his fists clenching in anger.

''Your kind isn't allowed into the kingdom, nonetheless the castle... you're breaking rules,'' I said, approaching him slowly.

''You think I'm stupid? I can smell your demon blood from here...'' He said softly. I felt the smirk linger on my lips, cracking my knuckles. I watched as he waited in anticipation for my next move.

''My, I forgot you could smell the blood of a being from a mile away... disgusting creatures...'' I replied, bringing my hand down to the wooden stake in my pocket.

''What could you possibly need?'' He said, his voice lingering with uncertainty.

''You know exactly why I'm here, you're here for the same purpose.'' I snapped. His pale skin shined a bright pink, crossing his arms.

''My Lord sent me here eighteen years ago to watch him, it's not time-''

''My brothers and I have waited long enough, our prince must COME HOME.''

He bared his teeth, a loud drawn out hissing sound came from his lips. His blood red eyes grew deeper as he approached me.

Within a blink of an eye, he wrapped his hand around my neck, his fangs bared. Before he could sink his fangs into my neck, I pulled the wooden stake from my waistband, wrapping my fingers around the wooden stake.

I pushed it back forcefully into his leg, a scream of pain coming from his throat. He fell onto the ground, the wooden stake still deep in his leg.

''I don't understand why you're doing this...'' He whimpered, looking down at the stake lodged in his leg. I felt a smirk at my lips, kneeling down next to him.

''I'm sick of the way things are. The Lord treats us as pets, and we only get an escape when some warlock summons us. I'm sick of being tortured and being told when our Prince comes, something will change.'' I hissed, ripping the stake out of his leg. He screamed out in pain, his blood red eyes begging me to stop.