Chapter 20

Jaxon's POV

''Can we come with you?'' Jin asked us as we left the room, backpacks slung over their shoulder. They had a sense of courage radiating off of them, their facial expressions twisted in confidence. Elena's lips turned into a frown, walking over to Magdalene and Jin.

''You both were just introduced to this world... It's far too risky. This quest is even dangerous for Jaxon and I-''

''Seth is our friend. He's in danger and we are going to find him. You need all the help you could get...'' Magdalene declared. I felt a pain shoot down my side suddenly, almost making me drop to the floor. Elena grabbed me by the arms, standing me back up in place. The pain was almost unbearable... we needed to get to Seth as quick as we possibly could. We can't stay here and fight about them coming with us.

''Come on.'' Is all I could get out of my lips, wincing in pain afterward. They flashed me the brightest smile, walking towards the door and discussing how they were going to find Seth... I couldn't help but notice the blush on Jin's cheeks as she brushed past him in the doorway. He told me something about a girl he liked back at his high school... Maybe it was Magdalene?

Elena helped me walk over to the door, slinging my bow and arrow over her back. The pain was still heavily coursing through my body, but it wasn't as bad as it was before. It definitely wasn't anything compared to what Seth is probably experiencing... what was that guy even doing to him?

''If Jayce finds out I took you and the kids...'' She mumbled as we ventured off into the woods. Magdalene and Jin were far in front of us, laughing and discussing something about their school...

''Oh, what is he going to do? Ground me?'' I mumbled, feeling a deep pain shoot up my back. A desperate whimper left my throat as I fell to the ground, Elena calling to Jin and Magdalene for help.

''I... I think they are trying to...'' I started, the pain increasing. How am I supposed to find Seth like this?

My vision began to get dizzy, the sound of Elena, Jin, and Magdalene seemed far away and distant. A ringing sound filled my head... What was he doing to him?

''Jaxon... I don't know if you could hear me... I know somehow we are connected- so I'm trying... Please just try to find me, I can't take it... He's torturing me, Jaxon... Please.''

I forced myself off of the ground, regardless of the pain in my back and the ringing in my head. Elena and the rest looked at me with the biggest look of concern on their faces as I limped past them. Seth needs me more than ever right now. I'm going to find him even if it's the last thing I do.

--------------------------------------------------------

We had been walking for two hours in the woods. We thought maybe as we got closer to him... The mark on my wrist might have sensed it. The mark had begun glowing a few times... but it was only because he needed me. The woods seemed endless...

''Do we have any idea who took him in the first place?'' Jin asked me, a frown lingering on his lips.

''All I know is it was some sort of angel... Nephilim or not. I'm pretty sure it was male...'' I went on. I wasn't really sure myself... All I knew is that we had to get him back. I knew that he planned this since we entered the other dimension... He's smart. I don't really know what he would want with Seth. Of course, it may be because he's simply the son of Lucifer. He does have plenty of gifts... but he doesn't know how to use them that well.

''I don't think the elder Angels want anything to do with him... Ariel gifted him in the first place. They don't have anything against him... ''Elena stated. She had a point... Just because he was Lucifer's son doesn't mean they hate him. They were once good friends with Lucifer before he was banished... so there's no way it would be them.