Chapter 7

Will include one mention of rape, nothing too severe, thank you for reading!

Seth's POV

It's been about two days since Jayce returned my memories to me. We have both been resting, it was a really rough process. In order to return my memories to me, we had to fully experience everything. We had to feel everything together... he said to me before we did it if I need time before I started training I may.

After returning them, he doesn't want to get out of bed himself. He keeps crying and blaming himself. I keep assuring him that he didn't know and that I don't blame him. It's nobody's fault besides my mother's... I want to blame Valentin, but he couldn't interfere himself. It would also be rude of me to shame him... he's dead.

I heard a knock on the door, my eyes darting over to it. Jaxon stood there, a soft smile on his lips. He wore a simple pair of black skinny jeans, and a button-down shirt. He also had a pair of glasses on his face, which confused me.

''You wear glasses?'' I asked him. He walked over to the bed, sitting down on the end. I didn't bother to sit up, my back hurt a lot. I'm guessing it was because of my memories... She tried to rip the... wings out of my back. I wonder if I still have them... I still sort of don't believe I have wings.

''The one thing my mother left me with was terrible eyesight.'' He replied carelessly, playing with the rings on his long fingers.

''Left you?'' I asked, and I watched the frown linger on his lips.

''I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry... these past two days I seem to be out of it...'' I mumbled. He flashed me a smile, taking his hand and patting my leg.

''I understand, you've been through a lot. I don't mind talking about it if it will amuse you...'' He replied. I motioned for him to continue talking, I was pretty curious...

''Warlocks are the offspring of a demon and a human, and often it's because of rape.'' He said.

''My mother didn't know that her rapist was a demon, he disguised himself. He's one of the greater demons of hell.'' He continued.

''Do you know who your father is?'' I asked. He cringed at the word 'father,' his purple eyes almost glaring at me.

''You don't have to reply, I'm sorry-''

''Leviathan is my father, one of the princes of hell.'' He said to me. My eyes widened, watching the small smile on his lips. I learned about the princes of hell in the books my mother made me read, and from church...

''When she found out she bared a demon's child, she decided to commit suicide by swallowing fire. That's what I meant by her leaving me.'' He said softly, not daring to meet my eyes. I pulled myself up out of the bed, reaching over and taking his hand. He looked over in my direction, his eyes widened.

''You do know it's not your fault, right?'' I asked him. He slowly nodded, his gaze seeming distant. He was looking right into my eyes, his hazel eyes seeming glossed over.

''...Jaxon?'' I asked. He blinked his eyes, his face growing a light pink color.

''I'm sorry... it's just-''

''What?''

''You're extremely handsome, no doubt that you're Lucifer's child...'' He mumbled, taking me by surprise. I felt the smile lingering on my lips, looking down at our hands. I'd taken his hand in a way to comfort him, but now our fingers were intertwined. My pale skin looked almost like snow compared to his darker complexion; he was still pale, but somewhat of a tan.

''Thank you, Jaxon. I guess I could understand why I look nothing like my mother now...'' I said to him, pulling my fingers from his. The smile on his face faded quickly, he turned his face from mine quickly; to perhaps hide it.