Chapter 9

We both walked out of the office and Connor decided to talk to Hank so I decided to follow him. We found Hank sitting at his desk with his arms crossed.

"It's an honor to be working with you, Lieutenant. I'm sure we'll make a great team."after finishing that sentence he smiled. Hank still had his arms crossed and didn't even bother to look at Connor which I found some what rude, he was indeed a machine, yes but he was at least trying to be nice.

"In any case, I'd like you know, I'm very happy to be working with both of you. I'm sure we'll make a great team." again he finished his words with a smile, which I found very cute... not in a weird way... right..? Was I falling in love with this android? It can't be possible, and was impossible he was determinated to think a machine, or that's what I think. 

"Is there any desk I could use?" 

"No" Hank said.

"We can share mine if you don't mind, it's that one." I said as I pointed the desk in front of Hank's.

"Thank you (Y/N)" he said as he brought another chair and sat on it. I stood there and lend on the wall (There actually isn't a wall but have iMaGiNAtiON. kay' thanks ;-;) 

"You have a dog, right?" Connor asked.

"How do you know that?" 

"The dog hairs in you chair. I like dogs, what's your dog's name?" 

"What's it to you" Connor looked away like a sad puppy which made an odd sensation in my 'heart' .

"Sumo." Connor suddenly lifted his head. "I call him Sumo."

"You're a Detroit Gears fan, right? Denton Carder scored 53% of his shots from the three-point line yesterday. Did you see the game?"

"That's what I was watchin' at the bar last night..."

"Oh..."

"Do you listen to Knights of The Black Death? I really like that music. It's... full of energy..."

"You listen to Heavy Metal?"

"Well, I don't really listen to music, as such... but I'd like to."

"Have you known Captain Fowler for long?"

"Yeah... too long" Hank said as he turned his head to his office. He sighed and shaked his head as a 'no'

"I was wondering, do you always arrive at the office this time?

"I arrive when I arrive. Stop busting my balls, okay?" He then looked at me.

"If you have any files on deviants, I'd like to take a look at them." 

"Oh, yes of course. Here..." I showed him the terminals on my desk. He spaced out for a bit, before finally speaking.

"243 files. The first dates nine months ago. It all started in Detroit. And quicky spread around the country. An AX400 is reported to have assaulted a man last night. That could be a good start to our investigation." Connor then sat up and walked over to Hank's desk.

"Uh, Jesus..." he then pretened like he didn't see him.

"I know you didn't ask for this investigation, Lieutenant, but I'm sure you're a professional."

"Why don't you go fuck yourself?" 

"I've been assiged to this mission, Lieutenant. I didn't come here to wait until you feel like working." He then stood up and grabbed Connor by his shirt and pushed him to the wall next to his next.

"Hank!" I said sprinting to him "Hank stop!" He then looked at me. Suddenly a man spoke. Hank putted Connor down. 

"Lieutenant uh, sorry to disturb you. I have some information on the AX400 that attacked the guy last night. It's been seen in the Ravendale district." the officer said

"I'm on it" he said still glaring at Connor, but afterwards walked away.

"Are you okay, Connor?" I asked worried.

"Yes, I appreciate your consern."

I smiled in relief

(Time skip where you at are Ralph's house)

As I opened the door of the abandoned house, I saw an android standing in the middle of the what was supposed to be a living room. I heard the door behind me closing by Connor. I could see the andoid twitching with a big scar on his face... poor thing...

"Hello, my name is (Y/N) and this Connor. We're looking for an AX400, have you seen one?" I said as a took a few steps.

"Ralph just wanted to be nice... Ralph just wanted to help..." He said in an angrish voice, suddenly, Connor grabbed it.

"Where is it?"

"She ran out the back door!" Ralph said raicing his voice. Then suddenly Hank entered.

"Connor, (Y/N), what's going on?" 

"It's in the area! Call it in!" Connor said as he chased it.

I decided it would be a good-ish idea to follow the android too, maybe I would help in some way.

"Which way did it go?" Connor asked the police officer.

"That way- they're headed for the train station!" As soon as he said that, Connor and I started running, suprisingly I was almost as fast as him considering he was a newer model. We then got to a fence and saw the android... wait was she with a little girl? They were climbing the fence, as we got there the android looked at us. Suddenly a police officer pointed the gun.

"Don't shoot! We need it alive!" Connor said.

"Run"  I told the android telepathically, it started at me for a second before starting to slide down the little hill. Hank then catched up.

"Oh fuck! That's insane..." he said panting. Suddenly, Connor tried to boost up the fence but, Hank stopped him.

"Hey! Where you goin'?" 

"I can't let them get away."

"They won't! They'll never make it to the other side."

"I can't take that chance." He said as he tried to boost again but I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't! You're going to get yourself killed!" He then stared at my eyes, oh shit. He then turned around and we saw the android escape.