Chapter 10

"You want one (Y/N)?" Hank asked to me.

"Oh, no thanks. I'm not hungry." I said trying my best not to lie We all went to the table with a little umbrella and we stood there until Connor spoke up.

"Your meal has 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesteral level. You shouldn't eat that." Connor said.

"Well everyone's gotta die of something." Hank said.

"I don't want to alert you, Lieutenant, but I think your friends are engaged in illegal activities..."

"Well everybody does what they have to, to get by. As long as they're hurting anybody, I don't bother 'em."

"This morning, when we were chasing those deviants. Why didn't you want me to cross the highway?"

" ' Cause you could've been killed... and I don't like filling out paper work for damaged equipment." Hank said as he tried to make an excuse. He DID care for him.

"What about you (Y/N)?" Connor said as he turned his head to me.

"Hm? What do you mean?" I asked trying to avoid the truth, that I did care for him, and also had feelings for him.

"Why didn't you cross the highway?" Connor asked

"Er... I..." I sighed, might as well. "Because I actually do care for you Connor, even though you are an android." I smiled at him. He looked like he wanted to tell something, but he stopped himself.

"Can I asked your a personal question, Lieutenant." he said while he turned his head to Hank, Hank didn't answer but gave a small blink in response.

"Why do you hate androids so much?" So I wasn't the only one who wondered that, he stayed silent for a second.

"I have my reasons..."

"Is there anything you would like to know about me?"

"Hell, no. Well, yeah, um... Why did they make you look so goofy and gave you that weird voice?" I chuckled a bit.

"CyberLife androids are designed to work harmonioniously with humans. Both my apparence and voice were specifically designed to facilliate my interogation."  And making you look so fricking cute... yeah I have admitted that he was pretty cute and I had feelings for him, but as much as I tried to tell myself there would be a chance I knew it was impossible."Well, they fucked up."

"Maybe I should tell you what we know about deviants" he said as he looked at both of us."You read my mind, proceed."

"We believe that a mutation occurs in the software of some androids, which can lead to them emulating a human emotion."

"In english, please."

"They really don't feel emotions, they just get overwhelmed irrational instructions." Was that really the case? Was I just... an android simlating emotions? Was I actually not... alive..?

"(Y/N) are you feeling alright? You seem to be preoccupied" Connor asked.

"Yeah, I was just... thinking..." I said.

"You ever delt with deviants before?" Hank asked to Connor. Connor thought for a bit before finally speaking up.

"A few months back... A deviant was threatening to jump off a roof with a little girl... I managed to save her."

"So, I guess you've done all of your homework, right? Know everything there is about me?"

"I know you graduated top of your class. You made a name for yourself in several cases, and you became the youngest Lieutenant on Detroit. I also you've received several disciplinary warning in recent years and you spent a lot of time in bars."