Chapter 17

(A/N: wait... THE FRICK?! 72 VIEWS??? FIHAJSFUIO THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! I'LL MAKE SURE I MAKE 2 CHAPTERS TODAY... I HOPE, again thank you so much! :D)

--------------------------------------------------------------
A C T I V A T I N G

1 %. . .

C H E C K I N G B I C O M P O N E N T S . . .

4 6 % . . .

C H E C K I N G M E M O R Y . . .

7 3 % . . .

P R O C E S S I N G . . .

1 0 0 %

--------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes to see a bright light and me laying on a table. I moved around my head in confusion, I then see a young man, I quickly analyze him. It was... Elijah Kamski?! Wait... isn't he like... my creator?

"Ah, I see you are back in order, (Y/N). What's the last thing you remember?"

"I..." I didn't know what to say. What am I doing here? How did I get here?

"I understand you are confused, but you have to tell me what you remember."

"Are you... are you going to turn me in? For being deviant?"

"No, I won't, tell me what you remember"

"I... I remember being on an investigation with Hank and Connor... but then, I got shot... How did I get here, Kamski?"

"Well, that's a good question. Please, follow me."

I was very confused but I decided to get off the table and follow him. We arrived at a room with a pool what seemed like... water...? But red?

"(Y/N)! You're back!" I recognized that voice I turned over to see... Hank? Wait what... did he bring me here?

"Hank... look I'm... I'm really so-" My words were interrupted by his.

"Fuck that bullshit, I already know the truth, also Connor made me get used to androids." I smiled a bit. Then I saw Connor. We stared into each others eyes for a bit, Connor then walked to me.

"I should inform you of what happened while you were... interrupted." I then nodded trying not to mind like I lied to him the whole time. He then grabbed my arm, I saw his memories... how he was slowly turning... deviant. I saw Connor shocked when he saw me. Before I shutted down he wanted to say something.

"And Connor I've alway-"

"(Y/N, do- don't leave..."

Hank had grabbed my body and had also planned to see Kamski to get some information about the deviants and Jericho, I then saw Hank and Connor arriving to Kamski's being greeted by Chloe, Hank then told Kamski what had happened and he agreed to repair me.

The memories stopped there, then Kamski spoke.

"Connor, whose side are you on?"

"I have no side." Well... understandable... I guess?

Elijah letted out a small chuckle "Well, that's what you're programmed to say... but you..." he then got closer to Connor. "what do you want?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't see what you're getting at."

"(Y/N), come here..." I was suprised for a bit but then I followed his orders. "I'm sure you're familiar with the Turing test." Wait... I see what were getting at. "Mere formality, simple questions of algorithms and computing capacity." He grabbed me by my shoulders as he spoke. He then let go off me. "What intrests me, is whether machines are capable of empathy. I call it the "Kamski test", it's very simple you'll see.. Magnificent, isn't it? One of the first intelligent models developed by CyberLife. Young-" He then turned my face to face him. "and beautiful forever. A flower that will never wither. But what is it really?" Ouch " Piece of plastic imitating a human?" He then grabbed something from a drawer. A gun. "Or a living being with a soul? You know what to do, (Y/N)" I then nodded. I got on my knees. "It's up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor." He then putted the gun in his hands and pointed it at my head. "Destroy this machine and I'll tell you what I know. Or spare it, if you feel it's alive, but you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me."

"Okay, I think we're done here. Come on both of you let's go. Sorry to get you outta your pool."

"What's more important to you Connor? Your investigation, or the life of this android?" I clearly see that his LED was flashing yellow. "An obedient machine... Or a living being endowed with free will..."

"That's enough! Connor, we're leaving."

"Pull the trigger"

"Connor don't"

"and I'll tell you everything I know." he thought for a bit before handing over the gun back to Kamski and his LED flashing red. "Fascinating... CyberLife's last chance to save humanity... is itself a deviant..." Kamski said as he grabbed the gun.

"I'm... I'm not a deviant..."

"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission..." he then handed his hand to help me get up, I grabbed it and got up. "You saw a living being on this android... You showed empathy." He putted a hand on my shoulder, giving me a sign to leave, I then stood next to Hank. "A war is coming... you'll have to choose your side... Will you betray your own people or stand up against your creators? What could be worse than having to choose between two evils?" Hank then grabbed Connor.

"Let's get outta here..." He then grabbed my arm and started to head to the door.

"By the way... I always leave emergency exit in my programs... You never know..." Connor stood there for a second before following us. After leaving the exit Hank stopped.

"Go to the car, (Y/N)" I looked at him a bit confused but then went to the car, I opened the window a bit to hear.

"Why didn't you shoot?"

"I just... couldn't. We had known (Y/N) for a while and now that's she is deviant, maybe we can give us information... that's all."

"You're always saying you would do anything to accomplish your mission. That was our chance to learn something... and you let it go..."

"Yeah, I know what I should've done! And I told you I couldn't. I'm sorry, okay?"

"Well maybe you did the right thing..." Hank then gave him a smile and headed to the car, I quickly closed the tiny bit opened the window.

"You heard the whole thing, didn't you?"

"What? Me? No..." I said sarcastically he chuckled a bit.

(WOOO alright, I hope to get to get a chapter in the evening because right now it's 2 am and I want to sleep.)

(Hope you enjoyed!)