Midnight Messages

(Eeek! We're at 💯 readers! Thank you all so so soooooo much! I'm so glad that you've all read my story up to this point and I'll reward you with an extra 2 chapters this week! I'll release the second one on wed hopefully and the third one sometime before Sunday! I have a tournament this week so it might me a day or two longer than expected but they will be out by next Monday at the latest! Sorry for the rant just wanted to say thank you! ❤️😍🥰)

——

9:25PM

Matthew: Hey, It's Matthew!

——

I hit send and stare at the screen for a few seconds. What will I say if he answers? Will he answer? As I'm thinking about it my phone vibrates making me jump and drop the device. I quickly pick it up to see a message.

——

9:27PM

Gilbert changed your nickname to "Birdie"

Gilbert: Heya birdie! What's up?

——

Ahhhh! He texted me back! Guess I gotta respond.

——

Birdie: Nothin much, just thought I'd check to see if I've got the right number. Hbu?

(For those of you who have been living under a rock, hbu means how about you.😂)

Gilbert: Just hangin at the bar with my little bro! He's our "designated driver".

Birdie: Fun, just try not to get too drunk ok?

Gilbert: I'll try lol. Ttyl Francis is hittin on chicks now, gotta make sure none of their boyfriends give him a black eye!

Birdie: Lol bye ttyl!

——

I put my phone down, I'm a little sad he had to go but I really should get some sleep.

-:- Timeskip brought to you by the power of flex tape -:-

I wake up to the sound of buzzing and a loud thud, I glance at my alarm clock. 2:30AM. What the actual hell. I put my glasses on and glance at the floor, it looks like my phone had vibrated itself off the table. I reach down to see who the hell is texting me at two in the morning. I turn on my phone, it takes a second for my eyes to adjust to the screen. When I my eyes finally adjust I see three missed calls 7 text messages and one missed video chat all from Gilbert. What the actual hell.

——

1:15AM

Gilbert: hey birddie

Gilbert: Fracis is a dicc

Gilbert: 😭

Gilbert: Birdiie?

1:40AM

Gilbert: Hello this is Ludwig Beilschmidt, I'm Gilbert's younger brother. I don't exactly know who this is but I'd like to apologize for my brothers drunken texting at this late hour.

2:28AM

Gilbert: My head hurrttsss

Gilbert: I crave deathhhhh

——

Oh dear god, Gilbert has been drunk texting me all night. Guess I'll respond, I'm awake anyways

——

2:35AM

Birdie: Go to bed Gilbert, your drunk.

Gilbert: Nah I'm just kinda buzzed now, Lud threw me in the tub and soaked me

Gilbert: I was still in my clothes and I had to change.

Birdie: That's actually kinda hilarious to imagine.

Gilbert: What, me being painfully soaked?

Birdie: Ya

Gilbert: Mean!

Birdie: Sorry! Sorry! It's just kinda funny to think about the captain throwing you in the tub and soaking you in your clothes.

Gilbert: Ok it sounds funny when you put it that way, but still mean!

Birdie: >:0

Gilbert: Btw, sorry for waking you up with my dumb drunk texts. I back read and Lud even had to intervene.

Birdie: Nah it's cool.

Gilbert: We should both probably head to bed, we both work tomorrow you know.

Birdie: Yeah, probably. Talk to you tomorrow. Gn

Gilbert: Yeah Gn.

——

I reluctantly place my cell phone on my bedside and remove my glasses.

It doesn't take long before I fall asleep.

(I know that this ones kinda really short and boring, I promise the other two will be longer! I wrote this in the span of like 15 minutes so I'll take my time on the rest of them. Pleeeaaase leave your ideas, questions, and just general comments! I love seeing all your ideas and opinions!$

❤️💋