Chapter 5

This birthday has been a very eventful one from the start. I still can't believe that the hot chick from the store is my brother's best friend, Wren. Why he would keep the fact that his best friend was a girl from me is beyond me. I just can't believe he hasn't fucked her.

Which leads me to believe he's gay. If he is that's fine with me. I just want him to be able to tell me.

"The guys are waiting for us at the house," Reese's voice brings me out of my thoughts.
I glance at my watch and realize they're early. I slowly bring my attention to Reese.

I can't hold back any longer- I have to ask. "Are you gay?"

Reese snaps his head in my direction, his eyes widen in horror, "What the fuck makes you think I'm gay?" He shouts at me. The look on his face is absolutely priceless. Okay, maybe my suspicions were wrong, but I had to ask. There is nothing wrong with asking.

"Well, because of Wren," I tell him gingerly.

He glances at me before turning his attention back to the road. "So because of Wren, you think I'm gay?" He asks with amusement. This conversation has ranked number one in the most strangest conversations I have ever had with my brother category.

He glances at me again. "Shit, you're serious," he rushes out in shock.

After a moment of silence he laughs uncontrollably. I'm glad he's taking this so well. Normally he's quick to snap someones head off.

"I'll have you know I am very attracted to women. Plus, I just got out of a relationship but that's a story for another day," he says softly.

I didn't know he was in a relationship. Maybe that has to do with Wren?

"Look, Wren isn't like most girls. She and her kids are very special to me and I would do anything for them," he says with so much emotion.

"Wait, she has kids?" I question in shock. I would have never have guessed.

Reese pulls into his driveway never answering my question. Three men come into view as we near the house. Our friends Sam, Matt and Sean wait patiently by their car for us to arrive.
It's been along time since the five of us have gotten together. Reese parks the car and we get out.

"It's about time the Knight brothers bless us with their presence," Matt yells, as him and the guys approach us. They pull us in for a hug.
I chuckle and hug them back.

We have known Matt, Sam and Sean our entire lives, so a bro hug is acceptable.

"What the hell took you guys so long?" Sam questions us.

"We had to drop off my friend Wren," Reese answers and fishes his keys from his pocket and walks to the front door unlocking it.

When we enter I am completely shocked with how well kept his place is. Reese has always been a messy person. So much so, that our mother use to make weekly trips here just to wash his clothes and clean his house.