Chapter 48| Epilogue: Part Two

Two years later...

A gasp escapes her mouth as she takes in her appearance. Her long brown hair was now pulled up into a French do-up and her normally nature face was painted up to perfection.

That's right. Wren and Draven were finally tying the knot.

Draven was nervous. His palms were clammy as all hell and his nerves were shot. He has only done this one other time and that didn't end well. He shakes the memory away. Wren is not Jen, he reminds himself.

"You'll be fine," Reese tells him as he help him slip his suit jacket on.

Draven is taking Wren on a date tonight and plans on asking her to marry him.

Draven frowns, "Are you sure?"

"She has stuck with you this long, am I right?" Reese chuckles. "Why turn away now?"

Reese's statement warms his heart.

"I'm more worried about you," he adds, adjusting Draven's tie.

Draven furrows his brows in confusion, "Why me?" He asks. "I'm the one putting myself on the line here."

"And that's why I'm worried," Reese sighs. "I don't want you to back out, but I also don't want you to do something you're not ready for."

"I'm ready," Draven l says suddenly. "Im just scared...scared she'll realize she doesn't want to be with me."

Reese snorts. "I can't believe you just said that. That girl loves you so much that she would risk her life for it."

"Don't remind me," he murmurs. Even though it's been well over two years since the incident, Draven still doesn't like to talk about it. It reminds him of how close he was to loosing the love of his life.

"Point is, she will say yes. So don't stress yourself."

Draven scrunches his face, "Easy for you to say. Your not the one who is doing it."

"You're right," Reese says in defeat. He knows no matter what he says, Draven will have a come back. "Do what you feel is right," he finally tells him ending the discussion.

After dinner, they walk hand in hand to the overlook, giving them a perfect view of the city. Draven looks over at Wren. Her brown eyes sparkle in the moon light as she look out over the city.

"Did you enjoy you're," Draven asks.

Wren smiles warmly, "Of course I did, I'm with you."

Her answer almost made his heart pop out of his chest.

"I could never get sick of this view," she says. "It's so beautiful."

Draven nods his head in agreement, but not at the same view she's looking at. To him, she was a much better view. It was that exact moment he decided that this would be the perfect time.

Draven drop back behind Wren and kneels down on one knee.

"I remember the first time you brought me here," she turns around and gasps and covers her mouth with her hand and looks down at Draven holding a ring.

"When I first met you, I know you were the one for me." He smiles at the memory of the first time they met at the gas station. "I wanted you then, I want you now and I want you forever. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He finishes and watches her intently.

Wren was not expecting this. She thought that they were just going to dinner like they always do and enjoy their night out.

Happy tears cloud her vision and she nods her head. "Yes, her voice cracks. "I would be honored to be your wife."

Draven smiles and slides the ring on her finger and swoops her up in his arms.

"You look beautiful," Mr. Knight says from behind me. "My son is a lucky man."

Wren smiles at his kind words, "If anything, I'm the lucky one."

Mr. Knight chuckles and holds his arm out for her to take, "Are you ready?" He asks. She slides her arm through his and nods.

"Good, because if we don't get you out there soon, I'm afraid he might come looking for you," he chuckles. "He is driving everyone crazy.

Wren chuckles warmly at his comment as he leads her down the hall towards the altar.

All her bridesmaids are lined up waiting for their signal to go. When the music starts they begin to slowly walk down the aisle. Once they were all in their places, the music shifts, and everyone stands. "That's our queue," Mr. Knight says and they begin to make their way down the aisle.

Since she didn't have a father, Mr. Knight suggested he should be the one to walk her down the aisle and she accepted. She already looked at him like a father figure and was glad he wanted to do it.

Her eyes land on the only person who matters right now. The sight of him in his tux almost takes her breath away.

His freshly cut, dark hair was neatly slicked to back, with his sapphire blue eyes sparkling in the lighting.

A smiles makes its way on to his face as he watches the woman of his dream walk down the aisle. He eyes her from head to toe and groans at how well her dress hugs every curve of her.

He can't wait to be able to take it off of her.

"Beautiful," he mouths, causing her to blush. He loves that he still has that affect on her.

His father stops right in front of him and the preacher asked who was giving her way.

"Her father," Mr. Knight says proudly and looks a Draven before handing her over to him. "Son or not, you hurt her, I will castrate you."

Everyone laughs.

Mr. Knight kiss her on her cheek and places her hand in Draven's.

They both stared dreamily at one another as the preacher began. As they got closer to closing this chapter of their lives. Neither one of them couldn't wait to start the next one.

This is not the end...😉

Just like before. Short and sweet. Swipe up for Info on sequel and my other work.