Chapter 7

It's been a few days since the incident at the club

It's been a few days since the incident at the club. I ended up with a busted lip, three stitches in the back of my head and a mild concussion. Sad to say but I've had worse.

Reese and a few of the girls from the club have been very helpful over the past few days. I've tried to tell them several times I am more than capable of taking care of my children and myself but they aren't having any of it. As much as I appreciate their help, I don't like depending on anyone.

I can't wait for things to be normal again.

Matt, Sam and Sean came by a few times to check on me before they went back home. As for Draven I haven't seen or heard from him since that night. I don't know why, but Reese thought it was important enough to tell me that Draven had to go back to New York to sort some "business" out with the club they own there. I don't care really. It isn't my business what he does.

Even though I love the extra time I get to spend with my children, I cant wait to go back to work. If I don't go back soon I might lose my mind, or what's left of it.

I'm packing the kids lunches when Reese enters the kitchen. "I would have done that for you, you know!"

I sigh heavily. "I'm not broken Reese, I can manage." I know he is just trying to help but he is actually annoying the hell out of me right now.

Reese puts his hand on mine, holding it still. I give him a confused looked. "I know you're not helpless and broken Wren. Watching that man, manhandle you the way he did and not being able to help you almost killed me."

Reese pouts, holding his arms open. I laugh and step into his embrace. Reese is a gentle giant.

Reese intimidates pretty much everyone he comes into contact with and I can see why. The first time I met him, I was intimidated. He is 6'2" and weighs over 200lbs. He spends a good amount of time in his home gym. I thought woman were bad when it came to their appearance. Boy I was wrong; Reese is worse, much worse.

"Why don't the two of you get a room?" A female voice says from behind me. Without breaking our hold, Reese and I turn to see, Candy standing in the doorway of the kitchen with a smile on her face.

I laugh and pull away from Reese. Candy knows we are just friends but that doesn't stop her from teasing us.

"Are the kids ready yet? " Candy asks pulling out a chair and taking a seat.

She has been taking the kids to and from school for the last few days for me and I appreciate it.

"Yeah, they should be down any minute now," I tell her and finish packing their lunches.

Oakley and Grayson walk into the kitchen moments later. "Don't forget we are both staying at our friends houses this weekend so we wont be home after school today," Oakley says and takes a bite of her toast.