Chapter 29

About thirty minutes after Draven dropped us off, Reese had text me wanting to know if I would make him and the kids spaghetti for dinner

About thirty minutes after Draven dropped us off, Reese had text me wanting to know if I would make him and the kids spaghetti for dinner. Of course I agreed, after all he is watching the kids for me and lucky for him, I already had plans on having spaghetti at some point this week and had bought everything I need for it a few days ago. I finish adding my seasonings into the sauce and let it simmer on low for a little while before cooking the noodles. I'll put the noodles on right before, Reese and Draven get here, that way it's all fresh.

Both kids are sitting on the couch watching television when I walk in. I take a seat between them and relax. My phone dings with a message from Reese, telling me to be ready by seven-thirty. I glance at the time. It's already six o'clock. I guess I don't have much time to relax.

Just as I was about to get up and go find something to wear, another message comes in from Reese, telling me that there is a brand new outfit waiting for me on my bed. When the hell did he find the time to do that? I make my way up the steps towards my bedroom and sure enough there is a white jumpsuit with flower ruffled sleeves and rhinestones neatly laid out for me on my bed. At the bass of the bed on the floor is a shoe box. I open it up and pull out a the most beautiful pair of floral white lace peep toe chunky heals I have ever seen in my life. I mentally note to smack the shit out of him later and put the shoes back in the box.

I walked back downstairs to check on the sauce. I'm not at all surprised to see Greyson, standing at the stove taste testing the sauce. Anywhere there's food you'll find Greyson.

"Busted!" I shout, causing Greyson to jump. I burst into a fit of laughter when he turns to face me. He has sauce splattered all over his face and shirt. I grab a napkin from the counter and begin wiping his face. "Busted red handed this time," I chuckle.

He smiles, "You got lucky."

"Doesn't matter if it was luck or not. Point is I finally caught you."

No matter how hard I try, I am never able to catch him in the act. I always catch him before or after, but never in the act. So this is a sweet victory for me.

He rolls his eyes, "So now that you caught me. I guess it's fair to keep up with my end of the deal. So what's the one favor you ask of me mother?"

Greyson and I made a pack two years ago that if I ever caught him in the act of eating food before it was done, I get to ask him for one favor. When I made this pack with him I never really thought of what my actual favor might be. Because truth be told, I didn't really think I'd ever catch him. But then it hit me.

"There is one thing I would love for you to stop doing." He isn't going to like it but...a deals a deal. "You can't eat Oakley's cake anymore." He has been doing it for so long, I don't even remember the last time Oakley got to enjoy her birthday cake.

"Fine," he folds his arms over his chest and pouts. "Way to take away all of the fun."

"Oh...I'm sure you'll find other ways to annoy your sister on her birthday." I ruffle his fluffy hair.