Chapter 30

Reese did me dirty, was the first thought that popped in my head when I seen Wren

Reese did me dirty, was the first thought that popped in my head when I seen Wren. That white ruffled sleeve jumpsuit he had picked out for her, hugs her perfect body in more ways than one, and her makeup and hair amplifies her beauty. I glance over at the beauty sitting in the passenger seat of my car. How the hell am I suppose to be a gentleman and keep my hands to myself all night when she looks like a goddess?

I turn my attention back to the road. If you was to tell me six months ago that I would be going on a date with the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen in my life, I would have laughed in your face. Yet here I am, thirty-three years old, going on my first date with a woman that has stolen my heart in such a short period of time. The best part is, she is changing me for the better and she has no idea she is even doing it.

"So...where are we going?" Wren asks, pulling me from my thoughts. I really don't want to disappoint her, but at the same time I want her to be surprised. She'll find out soon enough.

"That my dear, is for me to know and you to find out." I noticed out the corner of my eye her fidgeting nervously with her hands. I place my hand on her's and give it a light squeeze, "It's okay to be nervous. I'm nervous myself." She says nothing and laces her hand through mine.

As we get closer, I instruct her to close her eyes. She gives me a quizzical look, but does so without question. After parking the car in the closest space available, I exit the car and open her door. I gently take her by the hand and guide her out of the car, making sure she doesn't hit her head.

I pull her close and kiss her softly on her lips. "Make sure you don't peek," I whisper against her lips, before guiding her towards the Duquesne incline.

The Duquesne incline is one of the city's most popular tourist attraction. I use to ride it, just to ride it when I was growing up. The view never gets old. I carefully lead Wren up the steps and into the station and wait for our turn to go.

"Can I open my eyes?" Wren asks.

"Not yet! Just a few more minutes."

"Good, cause I feel stupid standing here with my eyes closed."

I chuckle, "You might feel stupid, but you look so beautiful doing it." Her cheeks begin to turn scarlet red, causing me to laugh.

Finally the incline is ready for us to board and I carefully guide her to a seat. A few other people board as well and in seconds we begin our trip to the top of Mount Washington.

"You can open your eyes now."

She opens her eyes and blinks repeatedly, adjusting her eyes. I'm actually shocked she kept them closed all this time. She looks around and gasps. "Is this what I think it is?" She asks with wide eyes.

"If you're referring to the Duquesne incline, then yes it is."

"It's beautiful," she says, before looking out the window.