Chapter 36

We have spent most of the afternoon walking around the mall

We have spent most of the afternoon walking around the mall. So far, Greyson has picked out two new games and a pair of shoes, which I didn't mind buying for him. It feels good to spend money on someone other than yourself.

Right now, I'm sitting nervously in the food court waiting for Reese and Greyson to come back from the restroom. We never did come to an agreement on how we were going to handle the matter, nor do we know how to bring it up.

The only thing we did agree on was that this should not have happened. We should have been more careful.

I've been in this position many times, but with adults. I've had to persuade them to keep their mouth shut, whether it was a being paid off and/or in desperate time, have had to use physical, sometimes deadly force to enforce it.

But none of that is going to work in this situation. This is Greyson we're talking about for fucks sake. He's a kid. A really nosy kid, who needs to know that putting his nose where it doesn't belong is stupid and dangerous.

I sigh and rub my temples. I can already feel a headache coming on. I really hope Reese has figured something out.

I look up just in time to see both of them walking towards me. "What the hell took you guys so long?"

I felt like I've been sitting here for, forever.

Reese rolls his eyes and pulls out a seat for Greyson, before taking his own. "Well sometimes people have to take a shit," he says pointing towards Greyson. "He stunk up the entire restroom."

"What? No, that was all you," Greyson quickly counters. "I can't poop in public restrooms."

I don't care where I'm at, if I have to go, I'm going.

"You can't poop in public restrooms?" I chuckle. "What do you do when you have to go?"

Greyson glances over at the table next to us and blushes. I follow his line of vision to see a girl his age staring at us.

Reese ruffles his his hair and laughs. "Don't get embarrassed, she probably didn't hear a word we said."

Greyson's face gets redder. "Will please stop?" He grits, causing us both to laugh loudly.

This kid is too easy. "Will you lighten up?" I ask. "Reese is right, she's too far away to hear what we are talking about."

"Can we please talk about something else?" He begs. "Anything is better than this."

Reese and I share a knowing look. "Alright, we can talk about something else, but first, how about we get something to eat?" I ask. I haven't eaten anything yet and I'm starving.

"Sounds good to me."

"What do you want?" Reese asks.

"I don't know. Maybe Chinese?"