I Have A Plan

((WHAT?! WHAT THE TRUCK?!? SIXTY *clap* ONE *clap* REEEEAADS?!?!?))

  I never realized how similar supervising a drunk man is to supervising a five year old. Never thought I'd have to, really. But for the past hour, all Mondo had been doing was demanding 8 put on a movie, and throwing things around, denying the fact that he needed to sleep.

  "I'm serious, I'on need to sleep! I'm fine, I," He then rolled off the couch.

Remind me again why I haven't slipped him sleep aid yet?

Wait.

  "Mondo, you said you wanted to go for a ride?"

  "Mm? Nnyeah, but you've got movies."

  "Wanna do both?"

  "You'an do that?" He sat up, cross legged. 

  "Yep. Go get your coat on, and give me a moment."

  He got up and staggered over to the door. (We have a coat rack right next to it.) I know, I know, I shouldn't have taken my eyes off him, but it's a coat, what is he going to do? 

  Well, turns out he was going to try to climb the coat rack like it was a tree. 

  "Mondo, get down from there! You're going to get yourself hurt!" 

    Just as soon as he heard me, he started to fall. I ran over to the rack, just in time to catch him before he hit the ground. 

  After realizing I caught him, he started to laugh.

  "Ishi, you saved me. Knight in shining armor." He reached up to touch my cheek, but I turned my head the other way. I know realize that could have been  because I didn't want him to see me blushing. 

  "You need to be more careful. If I wasn't here, you really could've gotten hurt."

  "Yeah, but you were, so it looks like Imonna be fine."

  He turned my face towards him. For a moment, we just stared at each other. But eventually I snapped out of it.

  "Come along. We must get going."

  "Y'know, you never exactly told me where we're goin'..."

  "I've just gotta stop by the convenience store at the edge of campus. It won't be long, we'll be there and back before you know it."

  "Mmmm... Ok. Lez go!"

  Thank God.