A Call Before Class

I awoke to the sound of the alarm clock blaring below me. I grunted, still tired from the night's... events, but that's no reason to skip class.  Sighing, I pulled myself up from the mattress and down the ladder to the floor, and turned the alarm off. Usually, the sound would wake me up, followed by Mondo asking if I was awake, then with confirmation I would start my day. However, he seemed to be very hung over, and hadn't even stirred when the alarm went off. It was a minor change in routine, and a slight annoyance, but since Mondo's classes were all in the afternoon, I wouldn't have to worry about waking him up. For now, anyway. I was still upset with him for his poor decision making the previous night, but I was happy to see that he was finally getting the rest he desperately needed. I sighed, feeling a smile appear on my face, then continued to prepare for the day. After putting on my uniform, as well as completing a few other morning preparations, I headed back to the sleeping quarters to check up on Mondo one last time before I left. After ensuring that he was still asleep, (and that there was a trash can nearby in case the worst DID happen,) I nodded and left the dorm, heading to my morning classes.

                                                                         _-*-_

  I had been out for about an hour. One of my classes was already complete, and I was heading to my second class in a building across campus when I felt my phone go off. 

That's odd, I thought, taking out my phone and checking caller ID:

CHIHIRO FUJISAKI

  Her competition doesn't start until 10:30... I thought as I answered the phone.

  "Hello?"

  "Hey, Taka!! You're switching to your second class now, right? It's ok to talk for a bit?" 

  "Good morning, Chihiro. Yes, it should be alright to talk for a while..." I said, pausing in place for a moment.

  "Great! So, how's Mondo?" 

  "Still asleep. Or at least, he was when I left the dorm." 

  "Hm. I thought as much. He seemed ABSOLUTELY OUT when I got there's last night." 

  "Well, to my knowledge, he still is." I said, wondering if I was right.

  "Did he leave his phone on the nightstand?" 

  "No, I believe it's still in his pocket. You won't be able to see much from there."

  I heard her chuckle on the other side of the receiver.

  "You know me too well."

  "No, I just know what you did last night." I said lightly, sort of picking on her. It must've worked, because I once again heard her giggle. 

  "Yeah, I guess. But you really should cover your camera in some way when you aren't using it. I may be a good hacker, and your friend, but I'm not the only one out here."

  I smiled, knowing she was just looking out for me. 

  "Alright, I'll work on it." I said, somewhat playfully. 

  "You should. Ok, well, I know you're trying to get to class, so I'll let you go. I'll be back tonight, and TEXT ME when Mondo wakes up, Ok?" 

  I smiled again, happy she called. 

  "Got it. See you then." 

  "Ok. Bye, Taka!!"

  "Goodbye, Chihiro." 

  I heard one more giggle, then a click, and she was gone. 

  At least I'm not taking care of him alone, I thought affectionately as I slipped my phone back into my back pocket and continued on to second. 

((WOO THAT TOOK A LONG TIME I'M VERY SORRY-

Anyway, HEY HEY HEY!! You wanna know a story on this site that I'm really enjoying, and that I think you will too? It's called "Animalistic" by TododekuReader! He's a super good writer and his story is really cool and kinda funny so far!! I recommend, so go check him out!! 

Aside from shout-outs, thanks for your patience with this fic so far. I have more, it's just,,,,, HOUSEWORK and stuff. But thanks for all your love and support, the show will go on!!

                                                               -Myrah❤️✨