The Real Team

I quickly moved out from behind the door, knowing that it would soon be swung open by a very nervous programmer. Needless to say, I was only safe by a matter of seconds. 

  "OK I'VE GOT A FIRST AID KIT WHO NEEDS MY ATTENTION?!?" Chihiro yelled, scanning the room frantically as if she's expected to find one of us nearly dead. 

  I took her arm gently, and directed her attention to me.

  "Easy Chihiro, we're both fine. You're lucky we didn't wake Mondo up." 

  She just stared at me with the same panicked expression, as if what I had just said hadn't registered with her. 

  "He's asleep. I just put him to bed ten minutes ago."

  "And... and you're both ok?"

  I smiled. 

  "Yes, we're both fine." 

  She smiled, letting out a relieved sigh. Then she immediately hit me. 

  "You jerk! I thought you'd been hurt in some way! It takes thirty minutes to get here, and I almost ran two red lights!" She paused for a moment. "Sorry. That was mean. I shouldn't have hit you. Is your arm ok?" 

  I smiled, ruffling her hair.

  "I'm fine, you didn't hurt me. But you did abandon your team..."

  She dropped my arm, moving closer to give me a hug. 

  "I didn't abandon anyone. Half the team was asleep, anyway. I left a note in case I got back late. Besides," she held me a little tighter, "you guys are my real team." 

  I smiled, hugging her back in a returned gesture. "Thank you, Chihiro. That was very considerate of you." 

  She gave me one more little squeeze, then drew back, still holding me at arms length. 

  "Now, where's the other one?"

  I nodded, turning away and making a sort of "follow me" gesture. She understood and followed behind quietly. We were both as quiet as possible as we head back to the bedroom area.

 ((This was originally longer, but I can get more parts in if I write it like this! Mweh-heh-heh!