"Why Didn't You Say Anything?"

((WOO BOI I've been gone for a while I hope y'all still care- also lol I'm not sponsored by Jack Daniels, I just feel like Mondo's a whiskey kinda guy, and old JD is the first one I thought of.

  After we got to the bedroom area, I pulled the curtain back to reveal Mondo asleep on the bottom bunk.  Once she saw him, she quietly went towards him, and sat carefully down on the small space his position allowed, and placed a hand on his forehead gently. For a while she just sat there, not saying a word and just listening to his slowed breathing. 

  "How long has he been out?" She asked quietly, careful not to wake him up. It was slightly amusing to hear, given that her voice was naturally quiet anyway. 

  "Thirteen minutes, since you came in." 

  She didn't say anything, and used the back of her hand to feel his forehead. Checking his temperature, I assumed. After about a minute of silence, she said without even looking up at me: "Was it Jack Daniels?" 

  "What?"

  "The alcohol he had. Was it Jack Daniels?" 

  I paused, recalling the events of the night. 

  "I'm not sure. I can't recall any specific label." I paused, then shot her a look. "Wait, how would you know what he had? Where you there?!" 

  Mondo stirred slightly. I covered my mouth. Suppose I didn't notice my voice had raised. He settled back down, and I let out a small sigh of relief. 

  "No, I wasn't there, but one of the team member's brothers' were. She wasn't entirely comfortable with it though, so she made him swear that he'd text her as soon as alcohol got involved. Two hours in, she got a text from him reading 'Jack Daniels'. At first I thought it was a person trying to get him to drink, but she explained that it was a brand of whiskey. And I also know that if Mondo did drink, it wouldn't be beer." 

  "Is that why you didn't seem entirely surprised?" 

  She shied away from me. 

  "Y-yes..." 

  I sighed. I knew something was wrong, or rather known in this case, but bit I didn't want to ask. 

  Or maybe I was too preoccupied to think about it. 

  I stayed silent for a few moments, then just grinned and ruffled Chihiro's hair again.

  "Ah, don't be upset Chihiro. I'm not irritated with you, just the decisions Mondo has made tonight. What you just said was very beneficial to me. I can ask him about that later." 

  She smiled, playfully swatting at my hand. We were quiet for a few seconds, then she chimed in again. 

  "I suppose he's gonna get it when he wakes up?" 

  "Oh yes, without a doubt." 

  She chuckled, covering her mouth with her hand to muffle the sound 

  "What has he said?"

  "I feel like it would be dishonorable if I told you..."

  "I'm sure he'll tell me anyway. C'mon, I have to head back in a few minutes. Tell me what's happened!" 

  I was silent for a moment, but then smiled at her.

  "Ok, but you didn't hear any of this from me." 

  She smirked.

  "Hear any of what from you?" 

  I laughed a little, then took her hand and lead her to the couch, away from Mondo. I went on to tell her that that night Mondo had called his own hair a corncob, (he hates it when people make fun of his hair,) called Bambi an antelope, and called me a knight.