:meet and greet

Dedicated to dolanknjx

DILLON MARLA JONES

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Ki" I whispered through the bathroom door, he opened it slightly to reveal him topless and with a toothbrush in his mouth

"Are you okay?" He managed, spitting a bit of toothpaste from his mouth as he spoke, I giggled and wiped my face free of his spit "sorry I-"

I reached out my hand to stop him from talking because the more the spoke, the more he spat the toothpaste at me.

"Jc left and I was just left alone thinking" I said in a soft voice and he carried on brushing his teeth as I swung myself onto the sink side "Ki I wanna come" I blurted.

I kid you not, Kian spat the toothpaste out his mouth in record speed, he widened his eyes towards me and ran to stand between my legs placing his hands down upon my thighs.

"You're serious?" He asked like an excitable puppy his eyes darting around my face for a lie but I just nodded my head and smiled genuinely because of the happiness that radiated from him.

"Is that-" i stuttered and had to start over "is that okay?"

"Okay? OKAY" he's bouncing from foot to foot in excitable dance "you're kidding? YOURE KIDDING DILLY?" He asks as he dances in front of me.

"I'm not kidding, Ki"

"But you hate crowds... and cameras why the hell would you come to Vidcon?" He asked suddenly getting serious for a moment, cupping my face with a hand softly.

"Because-" I couldn't even think of a real reason "because YOU"

He let go of the happiest sigh and bent down and kissed my forehead. When he pulled away his eyes were so soft and loving, they'd turned a caramel brown and swirled like when I'd add milk to coffee.

"Tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it" he said tracing patterns upon my leg, it was soothing honestly and the horror of going to a convention basically disappeared.

"I want to meet you" I stated "because I'm your number one fan. Can you get me a pass?" I asked and a smirk played upon his lips.

"Of course I can get you a pass but are you going to be okay, without me and with the crowds and the cameras"

I reached up and wrapped both my arms around his neck and he pulled himself in tighter so that our chests were pressed together.

"I'm not gonna miss seeing my idol" I teased before turning back serious "I'll be fineeeee" I sang booping his nose making him chuckle.

"I'm really glad you're coming" he whispered.

"So am I"

He burst out the bathroom to where he collected his phone and while he was still dancing, rang Jc explaining about my sudden want to go.

Truthfully I was terrified that something was going to happen, I could literally picture myself having a panic attack and everyone turning to face me.

But if not now, when?

Kian informed me about what was going to happen, he tried to ease my stress by telling me where to go and who to speak to if I wasn't feeling good. He was the kindest and it significantly calmed me.

I got my own taxi there so that I didn't draw attention to myself and as soon as I saw the masses of people my heart began to thump. I had to quietly talk to myself to regain some of my confidence.

I made it through the crowds, my hands practically pouring with sweat, towards the meet and greet lines. I started to notice that everyone was with their friends and I was completely alone.

I stood on my tiptoes to see how far away we were and I spotted both Kian and Jc hugging a fan in front of a camera, I tried to steady my breathing and calm down but it wasn't working.

"Are you here alone?" Asked a girl and I turned to see her as she bit her nails like I, she looked to be alone too so I nodded "I can't believe I'm actually going to be meeting them"

"Same" I found myself gushing as if I hadn't just been sleeping in the same bed as Kian a few hours ago.

"I've been dreaming of this for so long, I've been watching them for years" she smiled but it was genuine and her eyes glistened as she spoke "what about you?"

"I-" I stuttered and gulped down my anxiety "they've been a big part of my life for some years now"

The girl must've noticed how anxious I was because she reached out and grabbed my violently shaking hand and sent me a reassuring smile.

"My names Emily" she introduced.

"Dillon" I replied sending her a smile back but it was one flooded with panic. "I'm so nervous" I said trying to play it off and she giggled,

"Yeah me too, I know that when I get there I won't be able to speak not even after everything I planned out" she still held onto my hand as she spoke and I found it instantly calming.

"I'm scared of cameras" I blurted and she looked up at me with the softest eyes, I honestly didn't expect that reaction from her but she shook her head.

"Well its brave of you to come here to conquer that, I'm proud of you and I'm sure they are too"

The words flowed through my ears like music and I couldn't help but smile, a simple stranger I had merely met a few minutes ago was already saying how proud she was of me.

"It's funny because together we make the perfect human, I'd be able to talk and you'd be able to take the picture" I joked with a small blush, we stepped forward as the line between us and the boys shortened.

"Would you want to do that?" Emily asked making eye contact with me and raising a brow.

I thought about it for a few seconds and realised that that could potentially be the best case scenario, I could speak to them like normal and she could take the picture and that way we would've both accomplished something.

"Yeah sure" I said timidly bringing my fingers up to bite on my nails as a habit "what would you want to say to them if you could?" I asked and she giggled.

"I'd like to thank them, for practically saving my life as cliche as it sounds. There's been a lot of darkness in my life and they've been that one little ounce of light during a hard time"

I found myself reaching out to hold her shoulder as a comforting mechanism, it's weird we'd only been speaking some little time and I still felt able to be comfortable around her.

"The words they preach about mental health too, I don't know it's just little things. They've kept me holding on, looking for better days" she spoke with so much pain behind her eyes and it broke me.

A singular tear escaped my eye and I was sure that it was because MY best friend had saved this sweet girl's life and probably hundreds more.

I was proud of him, so proud I couldn't even put it into words.

The line shortened until it was our turn to meet them, Kian sent me a small smile and I returned it before squeezing Emily's hand and telling her to go hug them.

Kian engulfed me in a hug and I softened in it, he asked if I was okay and I nodded and began to speak mainly for Emily never breaking eye contact with him.

Then the man asked for a photo and I shook my head and stepped back to watch as the boys hugged Emily as she tried to snuffle back her tears.

The camera clicked and then it flashed bright white and I vomited in my mouth, my head going blurry and my hands starting to shake.

Fuck.