:light

KIAN ROBERT LAWLEY

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

It was so close, it was so close that I could taste the cookie dough flavoured chapstick she had applied just before bed, it was so close that I could feel her breath against mine, so close that it still felt like she was kissing me there

I wasn't even sure what time it was but the sun had started to rise and I knew for a fact that she was still wide awake so I whispered for her to follow me and we crept round the put out fire and towards the lake.

"Where are we going?" She hissed and instead of answering I just grabbed hold of her hand and hurried her along until our bare feet touched the wooden dock.

I looked from the shimmering waters to my clothes and then towards Dillon, her shy demeanour being replaced by a knowing smirk.

"Last one in is driving home!" She squealed dropping her pants and tossing her shirt over her head in record time, bombing into the water leaving me speechless.

"That's bullshit, I didn't even get a count down" I pouted when she returned to the surface, she swam backwards a little with a smirk before diving back into the water.

While she was under I quickly stripped too and dived towards the water creating quite the splash and proceeding to swim towards her.

She giggled and threw her arms around my neck, sitting perfectly upon my hips. She locked her ankles behind me as we bobbed up and down rather peacefully.

She played with my drenched hair for a bit and smiled, I spun her just a little and she sighed into a hug,

"I wish we could be free like this forever" she grumbled, I chuckled and agreed.

I just wished that we could go be home and not have to worry about who was following or taking pictures.

The sun was rising at the most beautiful angle and the way it hit the water was absolutely breathtaking and for multiple minutes we both stared at how it reflected upon the water.

"It's beautiful" she gasped turning back to me as I smiled and found myself cupping her face.

"YOU'RE beautiful" I emphasised and she shook her head and giggled.

"You're so sleep deprived, you've become delusional" she stated folding her arms across her chest and smirking to which I shook my head at.

"I'd say I'm being rather truthful, and you, young lady should learn to take a compliment"

She suddenly stopped and went silent and it panicked me to say the least but still a small smile appeared on her lips and I sighed a little with relief.

"Why'd we decide to come out here?" She questioned and I looked around and shrugged.

So I could take my mind off of our near kiss.

"So I could see you in your underwear" I joked and she gasped splashing me with water almost making me drown.

I gripped onto her body tighter and became suddenly aware of how her skin felt under my fingertips.

She didn't squirm she just pressed her body deeper into mine and leant her forehead against mine softly, making our noses meet.

"We should do this more often" she smiled.

"What? Swim in our underwear?" I questioned with a scowl jokingly and she slapped my bicep and shook her head.

"No, I mean, come away.... just escape" she said softly and those damn butterflies started up in my stomach again.

Her eyes began to search my face for something but I couldn't quite understand what but she did begin to speak right after,

"Would you say, if you achieved something when you were drunk it means you don't need to achieve it while sober" she questioned and my mind ran to many places but nothing helped me understand.

"Well it depends" I said beginning to bob in the water like a bouy to keep her afloat "if you do something while drunk you might not remember doing it and then what's the point in that? The fun is remembering you achieved something and being proud of it"

She sat and thought for a minute and then proceeded to continue with her riddling questions,

"Would you say that doing something sober is more noble and respected than doing something intoxicated?"

I shrugged and assessed her deep and inquisitive face expression.

"I guess you could say so, itd take more guts"

The conversation had began to confuse me with the complicated questions followed by more that were confusing and unrelated to the next.

That was until she finally blurted,

"So technically having my first kiss drunk is like not having it at all-"

"That's not what I said at all" I cut off with a scowl, I don't know why I reacted so harshly mainly because, fuck, it was me and I hadn't started to say it out loud yet,

But it meant something to me.

"Well I'm sober now" she whispered pressing her cold hand upon my chest and bringing us even closer together.

She didn't even need to say anything else.

I leant in slowly and with one hand still cupped around the side of her face I brought her lips into mine with a passionate yet soft connection.

She only parted for air before connecting us once more, turning as she did so to kiss me even deeper.

I didn't know what to do but my chest was heaving and my stomach had began to explode with fireworks and confetti and streamers and

fuck.

She pulled away with a coy smile and a blush spread across the highs of her cheeks.

"We best get back before they panic that we're missing" she giggled.

But oh god did I want to pull her back and kiss her till I had no air left in my lungs.

Dillon Jones, what're you doing to me.