:prank call

KIAN ROBERT LAWLEY

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

I'd been so focused on how happy Dillon was looking that I'd almost forgotten to film and with such a demanding schedule we needed to think of content and fast

"What better to do than copy everyone else? Trends are trends for a reason" Jc tried to convince me as we sat in front of the camera blankly.

"But like- trends are also stupid we should try be original" I fought back and Jc almost burst out laughing before looking at his wrist which held no watch, although he pretended that it did.

"We do the stupid prank calling thing and get a video out to our fans or you can sit here and think of original content for the next week" he mocked and slowly I found myself agreeing even though I didn't want to.

The rules were simple, one of us had a phone and that person rang someone and without knowing who it was the other had to talk also unable to hear their responses consequently making us sound both drunk and stupid.

I'd planned out who I was going to ring for Jc and for some reason he was finding it hard and struggled to even pick one person never mind four.

Jc set the camera rolling and we did our intro as loud as humanly possible falling backwards on the bed we were stationed on.

"So what we're doing today is a little something a lot of people have done in the past as you can tell by the thumb nail, title and the earphones... headphones" I announced showing the headphones to the camera with a tiny smirk.

"WERE DOING PRANK CALLS" Jc goofily shouted and I sent him a side eye partnered with a chuckle.

I tried my best to explain the basis of the video but explaining was a lot harder than just showing so instead, we just jumped straight into the video.

"So the first person we are calling today is..."

Ethan Dolan.

But Jc didn't know that and that was part of the fun.

I had just put the headphones on before he'd already picked up in record breaking time, I swear it had barely rang three times before he answered.

"Hello?" Ethan questioned down the phone but due to the headphones being on my ears, Jc was yet to respond so I quickly signed for him to greet him and he did just that.

It got awkward real fast but that didn't stop me from smirking towards Jc as he floundered.

"What's up?" Ethan asked waiting for a response, and after a delayed silence he began to explain why he was calling on my phone.

Ethan wasn't thick, he understood almost instantly that the call was for a video which was lucky for me because inside I was cringing incredibly.

I took the headphones off to show Jc who it was and although he guessed wrong at first, he soon caught on that it was Ethan and the pair chuckled for a bit before it was my turn.

And so on.

I didn't know Jc's, but my line up was then Corinna Kopf, Veronica Merrell and Emma Chamberlain.

All girls, I know, but it was worth it because the footage we got was fucking hilarious.

It was Jc's last turn, he placed the headphones over his ears and dialled the number, the receiver picked up possibly quicker than Ethan had done if that was even possible.

"Hi?" I questioned and the hardest part was being met by silence.

Jc started waving as if to say hi and then mouthed something along the lines of, "what's up?"

"Nothings up, just wanted to call to say.... hi" I said awkwardly giving Jc a look with furrowed brows.

The awkward conversation carried on for what felt like hours until Jc's face dropped.

He mouthed something about a questioned and then told me to say no, but judging by his panic I laughed and said,

"Sure"

Jc's eyes burt open and he shook his head furiously before his mouth parted in shock and I wasn't sure if it was good or not.

"What is it?" I kind of whisper but also kind of mouthed towards him.

Jc pulled back from the bed and looked me dead in the eyes before signalling for me to say goodbye which I do very hesitantly.

"Yo I fucked upppp" Jc laughed running a hand through his hair.

"Was it bad? Did I say something bad?" I panicked "wait who was it"

He began to press buttons on my phone which made me anxious, I tried to lunge for it but it seemed the job had already been done.

"I can't tell you, and you'll have no way of finding out. We're also cropping that shit out" he said pointing towards the camera in complete horror "let's do our outro"

The weird vibes I was getting from Jc didn't stop there because as soon as the camera switched off he jumped on his phone and blanked me the rest of the night.

Although it was strange it didn't bother me overly especially when I walked into my room and my eyes fell on a jumper familiar as Dillon's.

I text her and asked if she wanted to meet the next day but she said she was busy which was disappointing but we instead agreed to do something the day following and so I was content.

But I couldn't stop thinking,

Who had Jc called?