:its you

DILLON MARLA JONES

CHAPTER FOURTY NINE

Kian had been stressing all that morning I literally had to force feed him toast before he burnt himself out before the audition

Everyone was trying to be supportive, Jc had woke up especially early to help him practice lines or some weird ritual they always had.

Chelsey kept catching my eye, she was the only one who knew that it was me that had gotten him the audition, and I could tell that it was killing her not telling him.

Truth was, she didn't even know the extent of what this audition meant to me and him both.

An hour before cast calling we were waved off in his car and to calm his nerves I offered to drive. The whole way he thanked me for coming along with him, he even complemented my outfit.

Literally anything to try and keep his mind off of how anxious he was.

When we pulled into the parking lot of the warehouse that held the auditions I took a few seconds to look at Kian, he was sweating I could tell just by looking at him.

"You're going to smash it" I promised him reaching across the gear console and clasping his cheek with my hand "just breathe"

He attempted to do as I asked, but could barely do a simple in and out. He ran his hands through his hair and checked the time again manically.

"Kian calm down" I ordered quite sternly and he paused his break down to look at me with sad puppy dog eyes.

"Dillon I can't go in there" he pointed at the daunting warehouse and as he did I could see how much he was shaking "I don't know the damn lines"

He slapped the wad of papers down on his knee stressfully, he'd gotten them in the post and even I had been surprised by the amount. I'd looked at the first line and thought fuck I couldn't even do that myself.

"You can" I urged looking at the time, trying to hurry him along "I need you to take a deep breath and go in there and boss it for me, okay?"

He looked at me skeptically but I raised a brow and he finally nodded in agreement taking his first step out the car and looking at the big building.

I don't think he even noticed but he reached for my hands I grabbed it instinctively.

"This is going to be massive for you, Ki" I smiled placing a kiss on his knuckles reassuringly "believe in yourself"

He nodded taking off towards the doors with me still in hand.

Once inside he was instructed to follow the other males fighting for the lead role but before he did, he turned to me and sent me a look that asked me if this was right.

I reached on to my tip toes and placed a kiss on his lips as a seal of agreement and with a big beam he entered the room letting the door swing behind him.

"He has no idea, huh?" Asked a voice from behind me and I turned with a chuckle to face Eleanor.

"Maybe if he read my damn books" I chuckled taking her into a hug and she laughed too.

"Cmon you've got to have a look at the others, the director is dying to meet you!" Eleanor gasped and I linked arms with her pointing towards the door playfully and she shook her head leading me into a similar door to the one Kian left through.

"Miss Jones" gasped one of the directors he was balding but covered it well with a battered sports cap.

"Please" I laughed "call me Dillon" I urged and he nodded in agreement as we shook hands and I moved onto a few others who were in charge of casting.

Eventually I was able to take a seat between the balding director and Eleanor and the actors began to flood through the door in bulks and individually.

I was glad I was surrounded by professionals because my head felt frantic with the amount of names and faces I had just taken in.

"You feeling out of your comfort zone?" Laughed Eleanor when she noticed the anxious doodling I was doing on my page.

"You have no idea" I laughed looking at the directors who kept glancing towards me probably to check which actress looked similar to me.

It's a weird experience having people being casted to look like me, to act like me, to be me for a job.

"Okay Dillon" said the director as he circled the lead boys name, underneath sat one lonesome name because I'd specifically asked for him to not even have any competition.

There was no competition, how could there be? Kian had to get the role. The god damn character was made about him. The character was him.

"Are you ready?" The director asked and I glanced towards Eleanor who smiled widely and nodded the man at the door to let Kian in.

He couldn't even give them eye contact, his chest was heaving but he still tried to emanate a fake confidence. It kind of broke my heart to watch him struggle.

I pulled my hood round my head further so he didn't recognise my eyes instantly and when the director at the opposite side of the table began to talk to him he barely had any time to look at me.

"Kian Lawley" the director smiled looking the boy up and down "you've got the job" he stated and Kian blinked a few times in disbelief.

"Wha- I haven't even- what?" His brows furrowed and the director laughed.

"He really is how you wrote him, huh?" The director laughed leaning forward to make eye contact with me and that's when Kians face trailed towards where I sat almost guiltily.

"What adorably cute?" I fought back playfully and the director scoffed,

"Clueless and oblivious."

I shrugged as if he wasn't wrong, letting my hood fall down and I made eye contact with Kian who still looked confused. He chewed his thumb nail and looked around at the panel and then back at me.

"What's happening Dillon" he breathed even though he was in front of everyone still.

"You got the job, Ki" I responded and he laughed but anxiously before stopping his happiness in case it was all just a joke.

"How I-"

"It's you" I stated leaning forward with a subtle wink "it's your character, it's you" he laughed and I watched as a tear trailed from eye down into his upturned lip.

"I hate you" he cried and I couldn't help but stand up and run round the table to embrace him in a hug.

"Mhm I love you too" I responded with a laugh, as the director introduced out spreading his arms,

"Welcome to the family, Kian, some hard work ahead to do your girls beautiful writing any justice"