:dont tell

DILLON MARLA JONES

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

It'd been eating me alive not telling anyone so my contact with Eleanor ended up getting more frequent and by the end of the week we were basically best friend

She even organised a cute coffee date for us to go on so that we could discuss the script that was apparently already well on its way.

I was excited that was for sure, but I also felt gutted knowing that Kian really had no idea about it.

I wanted to share my accomplishment but I was sure that once I did announce it, the roommates would go absolutely mad.

It was when I was aimlessly scrolling through my phone that Kian's contact flashed up, the soft buzzing pausing almost instantly as I answered it.

I'd missed him so incredibly that my heart started to pound.

"Hi?" He questioned down the phone it sounded like he was a little far away so I expected that he had me on speaker.

"Hey you. What's up?" I could feel myself smiling so much it had began to hurt my cheeks.

"Nothings up, just wanted to call to say....hi" he sounded a little shy which I found strange.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" I asked and there was a silence that worried me but he managed to assure me that he was fine.

I know I shouldn't have done it but I couldn't help myself,

"Can I tell you a secret? It's like really big"

I know it was supposed to be kept on the down low but it was becoming impossible to hold it in, I needed to tell him that my book was actually becoming a film.

MY book.

AN ACTUAL FILM.

"Sure" he chuckled and my heart fluttered.

And so I told him, or what I thought was him because the phone went dead after he quickly said goodbye and I was left feeling...

Low.

I expected him to be much more excited and squeal or at least say well done but i was just met with silence.

It all became clear the second Jc messaged me,

Jc
| I feel like such a bad person
| DJ I'm so sorry