:sleepover

DILLON MARLA JONES

CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE

"I'm glad we're doing this" Chelsey smiled jumping onto Jc's bed, out spreading her arms and giggling "we never get girl time" she pouted

The boys had left for the night because Kian's birthday was tomorrow and they wanted boy time apparently. Truthfully I think that Kian expected us to have planned a surprise party for when he got back.

It was a double joke I guess because we HAD done him a surprise party he was just going to be lead to believe that we hadn't until the very last minute.

"I'm glad we decided not to do presents for him I'd have no idea what to get the boy who has it all" Chelsey admitted swinging her legs behind her on the bed.

I dove towards her and starfished out on the bed, we'd decided to make it a proper stereotypical girly sleepover just to be extra. Chelsey was definitely the perfect person to do that with.

"Why would he need a present when he has me, the greatest gift of all" I smirked and she turned to look at me and we both fell into hysterics "though I did get him something" I confessed.

He was going to kill me, I knew that, but he couldn't even be too mad at me for it.

"Ooh what is it?" She asked and I smirked.

"The poor loser hasn't had an audition in years, correct?" I asked and Chelsey immediately nodded "well I got him one, it's just he won't know it's from me."

I looked towards the ground, saying it out loud it kind of sounded stupid, he wouldn't even know I got it him and then he'd think that I was just like everyone else who he told not to get him presents.

"Dillon!" Chelsey gasped "that's incredible! How'd you do that?"

"I just spoke to his agent" I lied but it was only a white lie, because I had spoken to her and she'd agreed to even come to his surprise party to give him the news.

There was an awkward silence where Chelsey popped a piece of popcorn in her mouth that she had made earlier and then her eyes narrowed in on me.

"So let's get to the elephant in the room" she blurted with a playful smile, she grabbed hold of one of my hands and squeezed it "you and Kian?" Her eyebrows wiggled in all sorts of directions.

I scoffed and her face fell straight and confused.

"Are you two not a thing? Jc said he saw you kiss when we were camping and I thought-"

"I like him."

Well fuck that was the first time I'd said that out loud, she smiled and leaned further into me with hope glistening in her eyes.

"I like proper like like him" I admitted and she began to clap enthusiastically.

"And? Does he feel the same? Oh! He's got to!" Chelsey's face had literally lit up like a kid at a candy store, she bounced on the bed a little getting hyper just at the thought.

"I mean... I don't know" I sighed and she shook her head aggressively.

"HE LIKES YOU! I KNOW HE LIKES YOU!" Then she clasped her hands around her mouth and giggled, a blush spreading across her cheeks as her eyes glistened with guilt "he told Jc and that boy can't keep anything in, swear" her voice softened.

"Fuck! Really?" My heart had started to beat much faster than previously, the girl in front of me now being my beacon of hope.

"Really!" She squealed clapping her hands "oh I love a good romance"

My heart swelled just at the thought of Kian talking about me to someone else in a loving manner and suddenly I felt my cheeks burn and a smile appear on my lips unknowingly.

"What are you wearing tomorrow?" She questioned "it's his birthday you have to dress to impress" she suggested with a giggle and I shook my head.

I hadn't been able to be let out of the house in case something happened so there had been no way for me to have acquired a new party outfit.

"You can borrow something of mine" she smiled and I grinned back, somehow we were similar sizes just i seemed to have more curves than Chelsey which made the same clothes on her look a little too slutty on me.

The night went as followed, we did the biggest fashion show in her closet, made her room an absolute tip and then ate food in bed watching friends till we literally passed out.

It was fun, almost too fun because I woke up only two minutes before midnight even though I'd promised myself that I'd be awake much earlier to prepare my birthday speech for Kian on his exact birthday.

At 12 i dialled his number and waited for the response and to my surprise he picked up almost instantaneously.

"Happy birthday, Handsome" I beamed through the phone and I heard Kian chuckle.

"Thank you sunshine" he paused for a second before asking, "was everything okay? Are you safe?"

"I'm okay" I smirked thinking back to the mess me and Chelsey made earlier "in fact I'm pretty good, Ki, I'm safe"

There was another silence before the line on the other end carried on,

"I miss you baby" he said "I miss sharing a bed with you it's lonely"

I could barely concentrate though, the way he had called me baby had given me the biggest eruption of butterflies that I couldn't even comprehend.

"I miss you too" I whispered "I can't wait for you to come home and it's only been a day"

"A day too long" he added before sighing that he was being called by someone else so I reluctantly said goodbye.

"I hope you have a perfect birthday" I responded and he chuckled deeply,

"I already have"

The way he said it gave me goose bumps and I could barely stand up straight without swooning and leaning into the wall dramatically.

"I love you" I said down the phone and this time it meant so much more than usual.

"I love you too" he responded back and I think he meant much more by it too but I don't ask and the line goes dead.