sixteen

"What happened? Where are the others?" Molly worriedly asked

"Is no one else back?" Harry asked.

"They were on us right from the start, Molly. We didn't stand a chance," Hagrid replied.

"Well, thank goodness you two are all right," Molly said.

"The Death Eaters were waiting for us. It was an ambush."

"Here!" Remus exclaimed as he dragged a Harry-looking George. "Quick - into the house."

"Oh, my boy," Molly gushed as she saw him.

Remus pushed the real Harry against a wall and pointed his wand at him. "What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?"

"Are you mad?" Harry questioned.

"WHAT CREATURE?" Remus asked.

"A Grindylow!"

Remus let go of Harry. "We've been betrayed. Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight. I had to make sure you weren't an impostor. You made one of the obvious choices since you're connected to Voldemort."

A sudden shriek forced them to look by the door. Willa - no longer looking like Harry - rushed over to George and held his chin in her hand.

He opened his eyes. "Hey, love," he croaked. "I told you I'd survive."

Willa let out a sad laugh. "Not the time, George."

"Is Fred - "

"He's on his way - with your dad and Marisol. They're all fine. I just know it," she replied.

She knew she shouldn't have been giving him false hope or a sense of security, but she needed it for him and for herself. She just wanted everything to be okay. She wanted everyone to live, but she knew that wasn't possible. War never came out victorious without losses.

"How you feeling, Georgie?" Fred asked as he knelt down beside George.

"Saint-like."

Fred seemed confused. "Come again?"

"Saint-like. I'm holy. I'm holey, Fred. Get it?" George pointed to his bleeding ear.

"The whole wide world of ear-related humor and you go for 'I'm holey.' That's pathetic."

"Reckon I'm still better looking than you," George replied.

Bill walked up to the front, destroying Fred and George's attempt for humor. "Mad-Eye's dead."