six

"Skiving Snackboxes," introduced Fred

"Sweets that make you ill," George told the student.

"Get out of class whenever you like."

"Obtain hours of pleasure from unprofitable boredom."

Fred looked to his right to see a student with an extended chin. "Care for another?"

Marisol sighed at the two. "I didn't think that this was what you meant by opening a shop of your own."

"Give it a try. We'll give it to you, free of charge," Fred bribed her as he handed her a box.

She shook her head. "If this is your way of being nice, then I'll politely decline. I don't know what's in there."

"Nice? I'm always nice to you," he retorted. "Plus, it's all good things in here. I promise."

She raised an eyebrow. "Fred Weasley, my gut tells me not to trust you today."

He sighed happily. "Marisol Bright, my gut tells me you're looking absolutely beautiful today."

She rolled her eyes and reached up to ruffle his hair. "You're an absolute flirt, you know that?"

"Oh, darling, only for you. What would I do without you in my life? Oh, sweet Marisol, you're the sun in my life," he claimed.

She flicked his forehead. "You should be helping George, and yet, you're still flirting with me."

"Well, I'll be gone like the wind if you agree to go on a date with me."

She snorted. "Very smooth way of asking me out on a date. Honestly, I expected a better joke, Fred."

He leaned down to get eye-level with her. "I wasn't joking with you, Marisol."

She blushed at his words and the proximity between them. "Oh."

He hummed, clearly enjoying the look on her face. She was fun to tease, but he wasn't playing with her. Fred Weasley was a rambunctious, flirtatious prankster, but he wasn't a womanizer. He took relationships very seriously - that was why he never caved into simple teenage girls wanting a relationship. Of course, he didn't mind snogging.

"Do you have an answer for me?" he asked.

She looked away. "Maybe later."