twenty-one

The battle had barely begun, but Fred and Marisol were separated from each other, Willa, and George

The battle had barely begun, but Fred and Marisol were separated from each other, Willa, and George. Willa and George had their backs to each other as they stunned or killed Death Eaters.

"Fred!" Marisol screamed. "Watch out!"

She had noticed before anyone else that the wall behind him was cracking under all the spells and attacks. It was a miracle it was able to withstand it for that long. She had to make it on time. She never got to even have a long relationship with him.

She shouldn't have been at the battle anyway. She was supposed to be with Andromeda and Teddy. After Fred learned Marisol was pregnant, he did not want her at the battle, but she begged him. She couldn't handle staying home with Fred, knowing he was putting his life at risk.

Marisol ran for him, but he knew what was going to happen before it was going to happen. His eyes widened in fear and he stretched his hand out, waving frantically.

"MARISOL, NO! MARISOL!" Fred screamed.

She ran to him, barely touching his fingertips with her own fingertips before the wall crumbled to pieces and crashed on top of both of them.

Percy, who was previously speaking to Fred, stared at the spot where his brother and his fiancée died. Tears streamed down his face. Fred had only just forgiven him for being an idiot, and then he just died.

"No," Percy weakly whispered. "No, it can't be."

George collapsed to his knees. His wand rolled out from his limp hand. Willa frantically looked between him and the Death Eaters that were surrounding them.

"Protego!" Willa exclaimed.

An invisible shield enveloped George and her, blocking spells from the Death Eaters, but she knew she wouldn't be able to hold on forever.

"George, we have to go," she pleaded. "Please, we have to go. We have to live for Fred and Marisol. Please, I love you."

He wouldn't move.

"Please, George. If you won't move, then I won't either. I'll die with you if I have to."

That caught his attention. He gripped his wand and angrily shouted spells at the Death Eaters.

"STUPEFY!"