In Love with Luke, Chapter 21

Make sure to play the music before you start reading!

____________________________________________________________

I was already panicking, I didn’t know what the Dr.Betts meant by come to the hospital but I continued to listen anyway.

“Delilah.” He said

My heart froze.

“Shes having the baby, shes in labour, you need to come to the hospital now”

I suddenly reacted and dropped the phone waking up Mum, Jai and Beau. We rushed to the hospital and minutes later I was in the ward waiting to be moved into Delilahs room.

I saw Dr. Betts with a worried look on his face.

“Since Delilah is in a coma.. We are going to have to do a C-Section”

I agreed, and the doctors rushed her into the surgery room. I gave a light kiss on her forehead before seeing her leave.

She was rushed into the room, I then sat down. I prayed.

Prayed that the baby would be okay, that she would survive.

I prayed that Delilah would wake up, to see her beautiful baby girl.

~4 hours later~

I had been waiting for hours, and at last I saw Dr. Betts return from the surgery room. He notified me that the baby had survived and Delilah had been moved back into the ward.

I followed Dr. Betts into her room.

I saw her.

She was beautiful.

Tears started slowly coming from my eyes.

Dr. Betts, handed her to me.

I let her rest in my arms.

I sat with her for about half an hour, until the doctors took her away to do some last checks on her health.

I walked over to Delilahs bed. Sitting there so peacefully. I wanted her to wake up to see the baby.

I left Delilah, giving her a small kiss on the cheek, to go and see Mum and the boys. We went and visited the baby again, even more gorgeous than last time. Mum, Beau and Jai held her in their arms. We were walking along the corridor. Back towards Delilahs room.

Suddenly, I heard Dr. Betts voice yelling my name. Coming from Delilahs room.

“LUKE. Something has happened to Delilah”

Doctors started packing into the room. I rushed into the room, while my family took care of the baby.

There she was laying there, the same as always.

The doctors were trying everything. Tears started streaming down my face. I couldn’t lose her.

I went to the side of her bed, and tightened my grip in her hand. Tears were running down my face.

I looked over to Dr. Betts, to see a worried and panicked look on his face. I turned back to Delilah. I squeezed her hand.

The doctors kept trying everything they could, they got her back. Back to the old way. But she still hadn’t woken up.

The doctors slowly left the room one after another, leaving Delilah and I in silence.

I squeezed her hand again.

“Delilah, please come back, please…”

Tears rushed down my face. “I love you Delilah, don’t leave me”

Her hand lightly squeezed mine.

I sat up, stroking her face. Her eyes slowly opened.

I called the doctors and they rushed into the room.

Her voice was hoarse and husky.

“Lu-kee… I… lo-ve.. y-ouu... Keeep.. ou-r.. baa-by..Is-abell..sa-fe” Delilah slowly said.

“Isabel“ I smiled. “Delilah, don’t leave me, I love you. I need you”

A small smile formed on her face.

“I love you Luke” she said, as her eyes slowly shut, her grip loosening from my hand.

A long beep filled the room.