2

It'd been three days since I had gotten John's number. It was just John now. Not JOHN MULANEY. Just John. We'd been texting non stop just exchanging nice and funny stories that have happened throughout our life's. I sighed looking at my phone waiting for a reply from my newest text.

Y/N: Hey :)

John: Why hello

Y/N: How are you doing today? Big show coming up.

John: I'm doing great, and yes the show is coming up. But I have more pressing matters.

Y/N: And what's that?

John: I would like to ask you out to dinner the night of my show. Which happens to be tomorrow night. It's a place called "Annie's" I could pick you up at Nine?

What. Wait. Did John just ask me out to dinner? Is this a date? I was internally screaming at the top of my lungs. My head was lighting off fireworks like it was the danm fourth of July.

Y/N: That would be nice.

John: It's a date.

Y/n: See you tomorrow!

What is my life, my idol just asked me to dinner after giving me his phone number and then called that dinner a DATE? It's like I'm living in a fanfiction or some crazy whacked up shit. (what if we are all living in a fanfiction wowie) So I had to prepare. Having no friends in NYC yet, and I just wanted to squeal with someone. You know. How people do. So I decided to just destroy my wardrobe and figure out how I'm going to pull this off.

-TIME SKIP -

It was eight forty-five. I couldn't wait. I put on last brushes of mascara, last swipes of lip-gloss, and pretended that I knew anything about makeup. My heart was beating like crazy. It was like a pleasant panic attack. Wait those aren't real. I just couldn't believe my luck that this had happen. I wasn't pretty, I didn't think that I was funny, I just don't know how this is going to go once he meets prettier girls. I already hate those hypothetic girls. I was excited and wanted to be excited for as long as this may be. So once I heard the knock on my door I basically bolted. I grasped the door handle, let out a long exhale, and well opened the door.

"Y/N!" John exclaimed.