17

I looked around at my hometown with a big smile. It's been such a long time since I've been here. Im really exicted that I get to share it with John. According to Johns face, heś happy to be here too. (I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO MY approstrophe BUTTON IT COMES OUT LIKE THIS  Ï or Ë WHAT) I squeezed Johns hand and smiled at him. He grabbed my face and kissed me. We exited the plane to be greeted by the sight of the mountains outside the airport windows. I skipped giddly down the airport and into where our Lyft was going to pick us up. 

¨John Mulaney?¨ The guy in the front seat asked. 
¨Thats us!¨ John smiled

We hopped into the car and drove off to our hotel in downtown Denver. 

¨Is it true they leaglized Mushrooms?¨ John asked way to exicted. The Lyft driver, Henry I think, just laughed.

"No its just decriminlized."

"Oh."  John said looking like a sad puppy. I hit him with my elbow playfully. 

"No drugs. Execpt for weed." I smiled at him. He nodded and laughed and we pinky promised.

After an hour drive we got out of the car, said goodbye, and looked up at the city.

"It's a bit smaller than New York but it's still really cool." I smiled at John. He nodded grinning. I could tell he was nervous for the show tomorow. I grabbed his hand. It was cold, a sign of anxiety. "It'll be alright." I said with a smile. "Everyone loves you. I can't wait to see you up on stage again."

"I'm exicted (y/n). promise. I just haven't smoked in a while so I'm a bit jittery. "Do you mind if we smoke before we go in?"

"Only if you promise to quit soon." 

He smiled and gave me his pinky.

TIME SKIPPP

We got settled in our room and before we knew, it was time to get ready for the show. The show was at Nine, but John had to get there at Four for mic checks and what not. I tagged along, as I don't have anything to do here. A couple friends to say hi too, but I can do that tomorow. I slipped into a cocktail dress and put on some makeup. I called it ready. I left my hair down and brushed because, well I hate doing my hair. 

We decided to walk to Bellco Theatre. It was maybe a twenty minute walk. We did get some fans up to say hello and take pictures. I was so sweet to see how we interacted with his fans. I smiled and got some pictures with them too. I'm glad were past the everyone hates John's girlfriend thing.

We arrived and mic checked. I got to hear some of his jokes before it was time to go backstage. He was so fucking funny. I helped him tie his tie and make sure his shoes were tied. A woman came and usherd him out. Before he left he cupped my cheek and kissed me.

"Break a leg!" I called out over the loud cheering of fans.