12

"You're free to discharge." The doctor smiled. "Your labs look steady and vitals are perfect. The police just recommend you stay with someone. Do you have someone to stay with?"

"Yes." John answered for me immediately. I smiled.

"Alright then. The police will call you in for questioning tomorrow morning. Do you have work?"

"I do, but they'll understand right John?"

John just nodded. "Even if they don't, we'll make sure we're there." I nodded too. I leaped out of the bed and headed to the front desk for paperwork. I signed it, got my discharge info; who to call, check ups, and what not.

We walked out together, arms linked, faces lit up as we looked around at the beautiful sunny day. I'm so glad I got to get out to experience it.

"Do you want to grab some stuff from home?" John asked.

"Yeah just some clothes." I replied. He led me to his car and we drove off to my apartment. Once we got there I grabbed a suitcase, medium size, for I have no idea how long the police want me to stay with someone. I also grabbed some makeup and tampons. Things men don't have. So we set off yet again to Johns house. On the way there John asked the questions I dreaded.

"Did you get a glance at them y/n?"

"No. They had a hoodie on and punched my nose, my vision went blurry."

"Gender?"

"Can we talk about something else please?" I asked looking at him with puppy dog eyes. He nodded.

"Sorry. I'm just so fucking angry someone hurt you."
I smiled to my self. He cares. I know he does, it's just that every time he says it my stomach does summersaults. I can't believe it either. I have no one that has shown hatred to me, but then again maybe it was someone with a mental disorder who thought I was following them or something. I sighed and leaned back in my seat. It just feels like one thing after another. First I got moved here, then I got fired, then attacked. What's going to be next? I hope nothing except me and John just existing happily with each other.

"Y/N?"

"What?" I looked around. Oh.

"Were here.. Are you doing alright?"
I shook my head and just starting bawling right there in his car, outside of his apartment. He hugged me awkwardly over the seat, but held me none the less. I sniffed and almost screamed, "Why would someone do this!?"

John was close to tears too, I could feel it. He was shaking a little bit and his voice shook when he said, "I don't know baby."

I punched the dashboard causing intense pain to my knuckles. I didn't care. I didn't care! I sobbed harder. It felt nice honestly, I hadn't had a good cry in such a long time. After the storm slowly left, I looked down at my buzzing phone. It was a number I didn't recognize so it cool be the hospital or the police. I picked up.

"Hello?"

"This is NYPD, is this Y/N?"

"Yes, why?"

"We need you in the station. Now."