10

First day on the job. Fourteen days until I go on the trip with the man of my dreams. Everything is amazing. I was wearing a blouse and dark red jeans. My makeup was looking great, my hair put up and curled. I felt like I was on top of the entire world. John walked me to the job, he wanted to say hi to his old buddies, and was very sweet and encouraging for my anxious thoughts.

"What if I get fired, again?"

"Then we get you another job, again" He mocked me with a teasing smile. I chuckled, and interlocked arms with him. By the time we got there, my anxious thoughts had subsided and I felt even more ready.  "I'll see you tonight." John assured me as we went our separate ways. A man in a suit leaded me to a room full of other well dressed nervous people. I waited in a chair around a table until a woman came in and sat at the head of the table.

"Hello. Welcome to your Saturday Night Live internship. I presume we will have lot's of good times together. I'm so glad we have so much talent here." She smiled pausing to look at me. "Most of us." Did she really just say that? Can you say that? I shook it off and just plastered a smile over my confused face. 

"Let's get started!" She smiled clasping her hands together.

TIME SKIP

The day involved many coffee runs, involving one for Tina Fey which was very scary and confusing, as she knew me and asked about John. I still shake thinking about it. Famous people make me very jittery and nervous. Me dating John was a miracle.

I walked around for a little bit just taking it all in. I wanted it all, the acting, the writing, the love, the community, the everything. I guess I didn't know the love and community wasn't really involved.

I learned this while jotting down fucking Pete Davidsons order when a girl, surprise surprise, walked up to me and said,

"I'm sorry you don't have enough talent to get here on your own. It's a shame." 

"Excuse me?" I asked, while Pete just laughed to himself saying something about women and the political system. I shook my head and walked away. By the end of the day I was more than exhausted, confused, yet content. I just couldn't fathom how people could be so mean without realizing what people were going through. It was appalling and disgusting. I walked home, taking deep breaths, when I got a text from John.

"Want to come over to my place? You've never been."

"Yeah cause I bet it's a mess ;)"

"Shut up I got pizza."

I laughed, clicked off my phone and followed the directions he sent me. I got there with a more calm demeaner, and buzzed my way through the fancy apartment building, obviously built so no fans of anyone could make their way through. I got there, sat down on Johns couch and unloaded all of my thoughts on the crazy day.

"That's fucked up." John agreed.

"Women are crazy, I'm telling you!" I exclaimed shouving a piece of pizza into my face. "How do you deal with me? I mean seriously."

"You're not too bad." He winked. I smiled back at him, sticking my tongue out. We walked around town after eating pizza, and getting bored of already living like a married couple watching SVU all the time. 

"I love you, (Y/N)"

"Oh." I said in shock for a second. "I- I love you too." How did we never say I love you before sex? It still felt warm when he said it.

"I can't wait to live my life with you."