6

I woke up with a note next to me,

Went for coffee be back soon :)

I blinked. Did we spend the night together? What did we do? Oh my god. My thoughts spiraled as I came up with the worst possibilities. My mind eased when I saw my clothes were still on from the previous day. Surprisingly "Law and Order SVU" was still playing on the t.v. I smiled and got up to put on some my boyfriend should see me looking fresh makeup. Boyfriend? We'd been on two dates, including this last night. Was he my boyfriend? I heard the door to my apartment open so I jumped, not realizing that it was John. I wasn't used to a visitor. Being new and not having friends made me jumpy apparently.

"John?" I asked walking into the living room.

"Hey Y/N!" He said happily, while setting the drinks down.

"Did we do anything last night?"

"Oh god no!" John laughed. "You were out at eight!" I laughed too wondering why I was out so early, usually I was asleep by 12 am. We sat down and drank our coffee. "So." John said seriously, breaking the tension. "My last show is coming up, but it's in Denver."

Oh god he's breaking up with me.

"-And I was wondering if you wanted to come with me."

"What?" I stuttered. Did I hear him correctly? "Denver?"

"Yeah! It's a good place, their really funny there-"

"I know. That's where I moved from."

"So you'll come?" He asked eyes wide.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. His smile was so wide, like a kid being told he could pick out two toys at Toys R US.

"When do we leave?"

"Two weeks." He said excitedly. Shit. "It's only gonna be a week trip." Double shit. How am I going to request time off from work without getting fired in the process? How am I going to tell him if I do get fired, how am I going to tell him if I can't go??

"That's great!" I said faking a grin.

"I've got to go, but I'm glad we figured this out! I'll text you?"

"Yeah." I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. This time on the lips. I smiled and leaned in. I felt like the world lifted off my shoulders. It was gentle and soft and everything I imagined. He was the one to pull away yet again.

"I'll see you." He smiled and walked out the door.

How am I going to pull this off?