18

OH MY GOD I AM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATING!!! I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY. Thank you for the kindness and patience. Enjoy!

A driver picked us up almost the second John walked out the back door with me. We were leaving for the airport tomorrow night, so we had almost all day to explore Colorado.

Once we got to the hotel, both of us were to tired to do anything. My head hit the pillow and John wrapped me up so tight I couldn't breathe. I hit him playfully.

"I'm trying to sleep!" I giggled.

"Me too. We can do more tomorrow I guess." He snickered.

"Yeah..." I murmured drifting off into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up to Johns arms around me. I smiled at him, he smiled back his eyes blinking the sleep away. I jumped up once I saw the clock.

"What the hell!? It's Nine Am!" I whined.

"And..?" John asked confused.

"We just missed three precious hours of exploring the mountains." I huffed John laughed a little at my frustration. He had mentioned before I was cute when angry. I don't really believe him though.

"Well up and at em!" I then said throwing a pillow at a sleepy John. I hopped into the shower and slipped on a sundress. I decided to skip makeup, for the mountains always made me cry a little bit.

John was in a tee and shorts. What made it all better was he was finally taking my advice to wear glasses. I booped him on his nose.

"Your so cute with glasses." I grinned.

He laughed. "Where in the mountains are we going?"

"The Stanley Hotel! They shot The Shining there! Plus the saltwater taffy is so god damn good."

"I do like taffy..." John said distracted.

"Come on! The taxi's here." I said grabbing his hand excitedly.

The drive was long but pleasant. I couldn't fathom how much the bill was. I was not well supported with money like John was. And I felt bad every time he had to pay for me.

We thanked the driver and left to go get taffy. I mostly got banana, because it's my favorite. John got mostly cotton candy flavored ones. We ate our taffy surrounded by the beauty of the mountains. John looked up at me and smiled.

"Your beautiful y/n. You know that?"

I blushed. "Well now I do..."

John let out a long sigh. "It's so pretty here." He grabbed something from his pocket and my heart skyrocketed.

He got on his knee.

"Y/N..." He stammered. "Will you marry me?"