A Deeper Understanding

Y/n POV

You were waiting outside the hospital, waiting for the girls to come out or to be invited into their rooms. it was just two you haven't seen, the two you were most concerned about. Everyone else was fine, and Miho was up in no time, but Erwin and Yukari were hurt bad. You heard the door open and when you looked, Miho was waving her finger towards you, inviting you in.

 You walked in with her and saw Yukari on the hospital bed, bandages around her head and an IV hooked up to her arm. Erwin was in the bed next to her, her arm in a cast while she was fast asleep. 

Miho "They were hurt pretty badly, but they'll be back in good health when the next game comes around."

You walked over to them, and took a seat in the chair between both of them. Miho looked at you with a concerned look.

Miho "You like them, don't you?"

You looked at her, and their was a slight blush on her face.

Miho "You know, this isn't the first time something like has happened."

What do you mean?

Miho "Will, he went to this school and something similar happened. Except, it was between Katyusha and Anzu. Will choose Katyusha, and Anzu was heart broken. She was crying for days, stopped coming to school for a while, and even stopped eating her little snacks."

Her sweet dried potatoes?

Miho "Yes. She was in such a ruff shape until you came, it's like you being around gave her a reason to see the brighter side of life again."

She looked at you with concern before speaking again.

Miho "Just please, as long as you can keep her happy, please do it without a moments thought. I don't think she'd be able to handle it."

You gave her a reassuring nod.

I will, i promise you that. After all, she is my childhood friend.

She smiled at you before leaving, you stayed with the other two until it was time to leave due to visiting hours being over. You went back everyday for a week, only leaving to go to the bathroom or to eat. They had been asleep for three days, and you had been there everyday. You were reading a book when you fell asleep in the chair, the book falling to the floor.

* Flashback *

You were running around with Anzu, playing with the other kids in the playground. 

Anzu "Y/n! Push me!"

She was pointing at the swings, looking you in the eye.

Ok.

She ran over and you ran with her. She took a seat and you began to push her from behind. She was laughing and you feel a warm sensation inside of you. It was you two, just having some fun till Anzu wasn't paying attention and ran into a girl with long black hair. Anzu was rubbing her head while the other girl had scraped her knee. You ran over and offered your hand to the girl in front of you. 

Hey, are you ok?

She looked up at you, and her cheeks brightened slightly. She grabbed your hand and you picked her up.

What's your name?

T-Tenma.

Tenma? That's a cool name.

You gave her a warm smile, and she looked away. Anzu stood up and went over to Tenma.

Anzu "I'm sorry, i didn't see you there."

I-It's ok. I didn't get out of your way.

Hey, you wanna play with us?

She looked at you before smiling.

Sure.

You three played together the rest of that day, and she even transferred to your school and your class. She was always such a nice, caring person. Then, you two became good friends and even went to the same middle school. Then, one day, you were walking home when you saw Tenma getting bullied by some of the other girls. 

You ran over to her and the other girls left her alone after that and ran off. You looked at Tenma and she was crying.

Hey, are you ok?

You tried putting your arm on her shoulder to comfort her, but she slapped your hand away.

How could you!!!

She looked at you, tears pouring out of her eye's. 

I thought we were best friends!!! How could you do that!?!?!

You backed up, confused but shocked at the same time. 

She stood up and slapped you across the face, your cheek burning from the slap.

I'll make you regret this, I swear to you.

With that, she walked off while you sat there and looked on.

* Flashback End *

You jumped up from your seat and looked around, seeing Erwin and Yukari are awake. 

Yukari "Y/n?"

Yukari?

Erwin "Are you ok?"

You felt something wet dripping down your cheek and you moved your hand up to wipe it. When you moved your hand away, you saw tears on your hand. You wiped them away and they looked at you.

Yeah, I'm fine.

Yukari "But-

Don't worry about me, let me worry about you.

Her face brightened up slightly and she looked away.

You to Erwin, let me worry about you. 

Erwin's face brightened up slightly and she looked away.

Anyways, i hope you two are ready.

Our next match is soon.