intro: blank space

Hoyeon's POV

My phone buzzed beside me.

I immediately sat up, my eyes heavy from all the crying last night. I checked my phone and hoped that it wasn't Jisung.

That bastard. He didn't go home. He must have stayed with that Sooji bitch.

Thankfully, it wasn't Jisung. It was Jisoo. I answered the call. "Jisoo? Why'd you call?"

"Open your fucking door right now." I don't know what's with the rush but I stood up, ended the call and opened my apartment door. Jisoo was there, her eyebrows creased. She stepped inside and bit her lip.

"What is it?"

She looked hesitant to say something. Her expression suddenly became worried. "Jisung.." She started. I scoffed and waved my hand. "I know about him and Sooji. You're right, he'll just cheat on me again."

Jisoo immediately violently shook her head. "It's not that." I stopped whatever I'm doing. Why is she not angry about that? And what point is she saying? Is it worse than Jisung cheating on me again?

"What's with Jisung and Sooji?"

"It's just Jisung."

"Then what's with him?" She looked at me and sighed. "He.."

"What?" I was pissed. I wanted to know.

"He got into an accident."

My heart shattered, not because he cheated on me, but because he got into an accident. "H-H-How did he got into a car accident?" I immediately asked. Even though he cheated, I still love him.

"He was in the bus stop, waiting for you," She said, and I cried harder. He was actually waiting for me. "A car got into him for loosing its brakes. He's still unconscious." She suddenly glared at me.

"You didn't go, didn't you?" I bit my lip, guilty. "Because I thought he was cheating on me again with Sooji!" She sighed. "You didn't let him explain, I take it?!" She snapped.

She's right.

My tears filled my eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of this to happen." I covered my face with my hands and cried. Jisoo didn't comfort me.

Her phone suddenly rang. She immediately answered the call. "Jihoon. He's awake? Thank God." I removed my hands and listened attentively. Jisoo stared at space while Jihoon spoke. She didn't put it on loud speaker so I didn't hear.

Jisoo suddenly froze and became pale. Her phone slipped from her hand and it dropped on the floor. Her eye balls moved towards me. "What did he say?" I asked.

Her lips trembled before she answered. I regretted that moment. I shouldn't have asked.

"Jisung has amnesia."

•••

Jisoo and I hurried to the hospital where Jisung was. I was in tears. Jisoo didn't calm me down. She was still mad about my decision.

The cab halted in front of the hospital and we rushed to Jisung's ward. Jihoon texted her his ward and we immediately found it.

I hurriedly slid the door open and there was Jihoon sitting beside Jisung's bed. Jihoon looked at us with teary eyes. My eyes landed on Jisung's and it was.. empty. There was no sign of affection.

I slowly walked towards his bed while Jisung looked at me with confused eyes. Jihoon looked back and forth at me and Jisung. His eyes dropped to Jihoon. "Hyung, who is she?" He asked and pointed at me.

Ouch.

My tears continued to stream down my face and my lips trembled. Jihoon hesitated to answer. "She's your-" I immediately spoke up. "F-Friend. I-I was your f-friend." Jisoo and Jihoon looked at me worriedly.

Jisung smiled innocently. It hurts. It hurts seeing him like this. He can't remember me. "If so, then what's your name?" I want to hug him. I want to tell him that I am his girlfriend, that I am his lover. I am his Juliet.

"Yoon Hoyeon."

"Is it familiar?" Jihoon asked. Jisung paused and thought about it, but shook his head later on.

I pointed at myself. "D-Don't you really remember me? Not even a speck of memory?" I spent so much time with him, but he still forgot about me.

He shook his head once more. "Nothing. Just a blank space."

•••

recall
[park jisung]

©DONGHYUQUE

don't read this if you haven't read the first and second book, no tears left to cry and blank space.