12. boyfriend

Hoyeon's POV

My eyes widened and my hopes were up. "W-What?" I stumbled on my words as I looked at Jisung, hoping that his memories are back. "Don't you think this was like before?" He asked again, his eyes glued on the sink.

"Are you getting flashbacks?" I gulped, heart hammering in my chest. Jisung met my eyes and sighed. "No.." I felt sad and just nodded. "As for your question.. kind of."

Jisung paused from walking. "Hopefully, this won't hurt your head but we kind of hung out together very often, even in the kitchen." I laughed, my tears brimming in my eyes. I blinked them away.

He stayed silent. "Hoyeon," I looked at him from behind. He smiled. "Don't worry. I'm also wishing my memories will come back." I smiled back sadly. "I hope so," I tapped his cheek. "Get some sleep, I'll follow."

He nodded and went upstairs. I sighed again before washing our used bowls, chopsticks and mugs.

For a minute, I thought he really remembered. I shouldn't keep my hopes up every single time. I'm gonna lose my sanity if I do. "He will remember.." I told myself. "I'll help him recall his memories."

•••

I woke up late the next day, making Jisung cook our brunch. I woke up around ten and I didn't stop apologizing to Jisung. "It's really okay, Hoyeon." He said again and again, shoving a spoonful of omelette he cooked.

It was my turn to fangirl about his cooking. "I didn't know you could cook!" I exclaimed and he chuckled at my expression. I ate half of the omelette and I got concerned because maybe he hasn't eaten yet.

"Oh, no, I already did. I made two omelettes. This one is for you." He pointed at the food. I bowed my head at him. "Thank you, Jisung~." He tapped my head. "Aish, it's nothing, really."

Our heads turned to the door when we heard a knock. I stood up and opened it. My heart fell to my stomach as I saw who was standing in the doorway.

"M-Mom.." She smiled brightly and opened her arms to hug me. "Hello, baby! How are you?" She asked and buried me in her embrace. I slowly hugged her back.

Hey, it's not like I don't want her here. It's Jisung and her I'm worried about.

She broke away from my hug and I lost my shit when she looked behind me. Her mouth formed into an 'o', curiosity filling her eyes. "Oh, where is Jisung?"

I whipped my head behind and exhaled so heavily I was scared Mom would ask if I was alright. Jisung wasn't there. I turned to her. "Ah, he's still asleep," I said and moved aside. "Come in."

She did and settled down the couch. "Do you want something to—" She cut me off and dragged me down beside her. She looked at me and smiled. "How are you and Jisung?"

I smiled and tried to hide the pain. "We're perfectly fine, as always." I said, gritting my teeth behind my closed lips. She nodded and looked around the apartment. "Do you two need some things?"

"Oh, no, Mom, we're okay. We can afford our food and things. You can just continue on feeding my bank account." I said and we both chuckled. "Really? Nothing necessary? Like slippers, towels.. condoms?"

I blushed scarlet red. "M-Mom!" She laughed so hard her head went back. She waved her hand. "Oh, dear. I was just kidding. I know you two are still too young to do it," I sighed and I looked at her weirdly when she added, "But when you two do, tell me."

I smacked her arm lightly. "Stop it, Mom~!" She hugged me and sighed. "Okay, alright, sorry," She kissed my forehead. "Just tell me if something is wrong, okay? I will always be there for you."