20. all over again

Hoyeon's POV

"Jisung, hurry!" I shouted from the living room. He was taking so much time and we're seriously running late. A new bus stop was built closer to our apartment, about a block away, and it's boarding passengers right now.

I heard his footsteps and I know he was gonna go down so I ran towards the bus stop, not waiting for him. "Yah, Hoyeon! Wait for me!" I heard his voice from behind.

I almost tripped and I let out an 'oof'. I finally saw the bus stop and waited for Jisung's silhouette to appear. He got closer and closer and when he was near me, I grabbed his hand then pulled him inside.

The seats were already full so Jisung and I have to stand up. I grabbed onto the rail above, Jisung doing the same. I sighed, my heart pounding in my chest. I hope we get to school in time.

"Why are you scared to be late?" I looked at Jisung and gave me a look. "I never experienced to be late. Just almost, but not late-late. It's because of you." I said and pouted, looking outside the closest window near me.

"Was it my fault I've had a sleepless night?" I puffed my cheeks and turned my back on him. Now he's using what happened yesterday. "Shut up. Just.. shut up, Jisung." I said quickly.

He hummed. "Hmm, okay. If you say so." He muttered and finally sealed his mouth shut. I keep on glancing on my wrist watch to check the time and my heart tightens each time a minute passes by.

The bus finally halted in a stop and the both of us went off, dashing towards the school. I was breathless as we arrived in the campus one minute before the closing time. The bell just finished ringing and two students are also rushing to their own rooms.

We went up to our class room and thankfully, Ms. Kim hasn't arrived yet. "We made it!" I cheered as I slid the door open. "Wait," I looked at Jisung and I did freeze in my place as he dabbed his hankie on my sweaty forehead.

Our classmates 'ooh'ed and squealed like dying dolphins (no offense, Chenle). I gave them glares and Jisung spoke through gritted teeth, "Oh, let them be." This time, I glared at him and he pulled back his hand with the hankie.

I walked to my seat and slumped on it. Jisoo was looking at me like she can see through my soul and knows what sins I have committed. "What?" I asked. She squinted her eyes.

"What is happening that I don't know?" She moved her chair towards mine, raising her brow even higher. I shook my head and acted normal. "Nothing happened. He's weird, wasn't he?"

She suddenly cupped my cheeks then smirked. "I know you're lying, Hoyeon. I know you too well." I scoffed and pushed Jisoo's hands back to her. "Jisoo, his head will hurt if he remembers."

"Then why don't you look so sad? You look happier than the past days." I froze on my place and pursed my lips.

Damn it.

I groaned and put my cheek on my palm. "He just hugged me." Although it was the other way around. Jisoo didn't believe me but smirked anyway. "Oh?" I rolled my eyes and thankfully, Ms. Kim entered the room with who has the highest grade in the project.

The Medusa documentary by Chenle and his group mates was the highest. The good thing is we were on second place. "Why them?" Jisoo asked me, annoyed by the fact we were just second.

"Medusa got raped by Poseidon in Athena's temple. She got cursed for being a victim." Jisoo gasped. "That's awful! She became that ugly creature with snakes as hair and when you look at her, you turn to stone because of Poseidon? Nothing can beat Hades' loyalty."

I nodded. "I know." I glanced at Jisung and he just smiled, not knowing he was the one who picked Hades as our topic. The class started after Ms. Kim mentioned our scores and the class started.

•••

Dismissal was early because the teachers has a faculty meeting. I was honestly bored and I don't want to go home yet so I went to the garden alone, not dragging anyone with me. I figured out they're all busy.

I took out my notebook that I draw on every time I'm bored along with my colored pens. I don't know what I'm gonna draw so I let my hand do the work.

In the middle of drawing, I noticed the letter n that I drew. I read the word and it was Jisung's name, without a letter g yet. I just smiled and started doing the g.

"Already?" I looked behind and saw Jisung. He sat down next to me and looked at the calligraphy with his name. I smiled, chuckling. "What?"

He shook his head and placed his chin on my shoulder. "Continue. I'll watch." I did and finished up the highlight of the g, putting a heart on top of it. "Cute." I heard him whisper and my cheeks reddened.

Jisung fished his phone out of his pocket and took a picture of what I made. "What are you doing here anyway?" He asked. "I thought all of you are busy and I don't want to go home yet so I stayed here." I said.

"I'm never busy when it comes to you," I looked at him weirdly and he has a boyish smile on his lips. I rolled my eyes and slightly pushed him away. I suddenly felt his arms around my waist and he pulled me to him.

"What—" He put buried his face on my neck and my eyes widened when I felt something wet on it. I turned to Jisung and saw him crying. "What—What's wrong?" I asked him softly and wiped the tears on his cheeks.

He smiled. "Hoyeon, baby, I miss you." My heart skipped beats after he said that. "What.. What are you talking about?" He chuckled. "Oh, now you forgot about me?"

I grabbed both of his arms. "Are you serious?" I asked again, my own tears forming in my eyes. He put a hand on my cheek and caressed it. "Our break-up, our getting back together, your doubts at me.. I remember them now."

I started crying and Jisung hugged me. "The things you did.. your millions of apologies, your struggle to get me back my memories. You did it all.. for me?" He asked, voice soft and.. familiar. It was him. The same Jisung who loved me from the very first time.

I nodded and pushed myself to him. "I don't want to lose you. I don't want to give up on you because you are the most important person to me. You made me who I am right now, baby. I will always love you to the ends of the Earth."

"The Earth is not flat." He smirked and I felt myself do the same.

"I know. It has no ends so my love for you is limitless." He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. We both have tears on our eyes. I gave him a small smile. "But you know what the best part is on getting back your memories?" I asked as I grabbed his collar, pulling him to me.

"What?" He breathed out so fucking sexily. My lips brushed against his as I said the words I felt.

"Because I get to fall in love with you all over again."

•••