19. don't answer it

Hoyeon's POV

I made our assignment in Science as Jisung was sleeping. It was quite easy but insanely long and I finished after an hour.

Seeing the time was now five in the afternoon, I decided to make our dinner so by the time Jisung wakes up, he doesn't have to wait for food anymore.

I made kimbap and after I finished the food, Jisung groaned in his sleep, waking up with an even more messy hair and squinted eyes (it looks like it's closed already).

"Jisung," I called him and he looked at me. He slowly stood up and almost stumbled but he regained his balance. "Are you okay?" He nodded. "Of course. I just woke up."

I rolled my eyes. "Food's ready. I already ate snacks earlier and I'm full." I said and started to leave the kitchen when he suddenly grabbed my arm.

I raised a brow. "Don't leave me alone." I gave him a small smile there, I sat on a chair, Jisung gobbling up his food. I saw a portion of sauce right on the corner of his lips.

I took a tissue and bent over him. "Don't move." I said. He stopped eating for a second so I can wipe the sauce off his mouth. We accidentally met eyes and I hurriedly looked away.

I threw the tissue in the bin which was near the sink and when I turned around, Jisung has me trapped in his arms, hands on the sink. I shifted from my place and held his arm. "Excuse--"

Jisung softly pushed my hand back to me. He didn't move and we stayed like that for a while, staring at each other. His bangs almost covered his eyes and I can feel his breaths.

He looked down on the floor and I noticed his ears slowly becoming crimson.

"Hug me." He said almost immediately. I also blushed. "W-What?" Maybe I heard it wrong.

"I.." He gulped. "I want you to hug me." Another silence surrounded us, none of us talking but I slid my arms around his waist, perfectly hugging his torso. I let out an exhale as my cheek touched his chest, feeling his calming warmth.

I felt him move his arms to me, embracing me back. Neither I nor him moved or pulled away. The longer I hugged him, the more my tears starts forming in my eyes.

"Why did you want a hug?" I asked him after a long stillness between us. He stayed quiet for some seconds before he replied, "I had a bad dream. And you were in it."

"What was it about?" I heard him sigh and I felt him starting to play with my hair. "Day by day, my memory lessened and I can't remember what happened from yesterday. You were always there for me. You were so familiar yet I didn't know your name, what you are to me and what was between us,"

His breath was shaky. "I was so scared, Hoyeon. I don't want to lose my memories," He mumbled. "I don't want to lose it again."

I slowly patted his back. "No, you won't lose your memories again. I'll help you recall all of it," I let out a sad smile that he can't see. "Even if you find someone better than me, I will help you no matter what."

I heard him chuckle and I almost looked up to see his expression, but I felt his chin on the top of my head. "Why would you say that?" I pouted. "Because there's a probability that you would regain your memories but fall in love with another person."

"Is that okay with you?" He asked. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Yes. As long as you're happy, I am. Your happiness is my happiness." I replied.

To be honest, it really wasn't okay with me. I would be a complete disaster if that would happen. I'd lose myself for the second time around and probably fuck up my life for the rest of my days.

But he doesn't want that and maybe he's just another.. boy that would come across your life. First love, puppy love, highschool sweetheart. Cliché events. The one that would rarely stay. Barely the one you would marry.

He chuckled again and I can feel his breath near my ear. "But I find happiness when I'm with you."

I pulled my face away and looked up at him. Without realizing it, I was a crying mess under him, tears spread through my cheeks that stained his school uniform.

I shook my head. "Jisung, why are you doing this.." My voice trailed off. He smiled. It was a sincere smile. No sadness, glum, and woeful trace on that smile. Just pure joy.

"My head doesn't hurt anymore," He placed his hands back on the sink and he leaned his head to level my face. "And a few of my memories came flashing back."

I grabbed his arm like I was in a hurry. "W-When did it occur?" I wasn't worried about what memories that appeared but about him. His smile became wider. "In my dreams. That nightmare never happened. I made it up just so I can hug you back."

I didn't understand. Jisung must have read my mind because he started explaining. "As soon as the memories flashed in my mind, you were always there. Though there was our friends, but mostly it was you. I felt so nostalgic and I almost felt your touch in the flashbacks.

"That's why I made up that ass of a nightmare. But, yeah, that might be a possibility but some memories came rushing back like tap water." He cupped my cheek and wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"Stop crying." I shook my head. "I can't help it," I sniffed. "It's just been days but.. but you already remembered something. Tell me what you remembered." Jisung looked up to think.

"Hmm, when I raised a middle finger at Jihoon hyung, I'm with Sooji, when I dragged you into the AVR and," He smirked. "kissed you, giving you the idea of.. 'Dreaming'? Wasn't that our story? And yeah, the principal chose it and before we celebrated in NoJe Café, I kissed your forehead."

Oh my God.

He remembered some.

I sniffed hard and started crying again. "You remembered some.." I whispered. His eyes lit up. "Wait, I forgot one thing." I waited and he said, "When I carried you to your bed and then you kissed me."

"I miss you," I said without thinking twice. He finally remembered some memories of his. I saw that Jisung's eyes was also brimming with hot tears.

I cupped a hand on his cheek and brushed a stray tear away. "I miss you so much." I sobbed and buried my face on his chest. He pulled me away and stared into my eyes.

He glanced down at my lips and I did the same with his. He bit it, looking at me. "Do you feel like something's gonna interrupt us?" He asked. I smirked and nodded.

"Don't answer it." He said.

As he leaned in to me, my phone rang on top of the counter, but I was too busy kissing Jisung back.

•••