21. you're welcome

Hoyeon's POV

"I can just cook at home or we can call pizza delivery. Why do we have to go to a café?" I asked Jisung as he dragged me to 8th of January, the café where Minnie works. "And how do you know where this is—"

"Hoyeon, my memories are mixed. I can remember both the past and what happened when I almost forgot all of you." He said and dragged me inside. The bell made a sound and a waiter greeted us.

He motioned us into a two-person table. "Stay there. I'll buy us our food," I smiled at Jisung. He suddenly wiped my cheek. "Stop crying, okay? I'm here now. I'm not going to leave you again." I grabbed his hand.

"No. I'm not gonna doubt you again." He smiled and kissed my forehead before going to the counter. I heard the bell ring and I looked to who entered. "Hoyeon!" Minnie ran to me and gave me a hug.

"How are you? Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded and smiled. "Of course. Jaemin helped me with some assignments and I finished making all of them last night, so working here is what's making me busy."

"Wah~, you're working so hard. Take some rest, okay?" She nodded and pointed across the counter. "I need to go. By the way, who are you with?" I looked at the counter and she 'ooh'ed. "Oh?" She smirked.

Jisung turned around, holding our tray. "Oh, Minnie!" She waved her hand at Jisung as he got closer. He placed the tray down and sat on his chair. "Will Jaemin come here later?" He asked, smirking.

Her face expression was unsure (probably Jisung not using the hyung) and nodded. "Yeah. I told him that he should just go straight home but he won't listen." She sighed.

"Let him be. He's hard-headed, you know that." She laughed. "Of course he is. I'll see you here later when I transform into a waitress." I chuckled. "Yeah, go ahead." She left and went to their locker room.

I took my milk shake from the tray and sipped on it. "What are we supposed to do here?" I asked Jisung who was busy eating his cake with cookies and cream ice cream as frosting.

"Celebrate my recalling of everything? Why don't you support me? You're supposed to be my girlfriend." I got flustered at that and pinched his arm. "Yah, this was unexpected. I would have said yes if you told me, but this works, too."

He smirked while taking a sip from his frappe. "You'll always say yes to me." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "We'll celebrate without our friends? Selfish ass."

"JISUNG!" He shrugged. "See? No need to. They're here." Jeno hugged Jisung and they almost fell on the floor. I felt Mark ruffle my hair. "Hey, stop it." I scowled and he just laughed at me.

"What are you two doing here?" Jeno asked. Jisung chuckled. "I don't know why but I miss you, Jen." He said and his friends' brows creased. "Where's your 'hyung'—" They gasped and covered their mouths, looking at me.

"Is this the old Jisung?"

"Stupid. Of course Jisung is young. But is he back?"

"I'm back, assholes." They screamed and Minnie have to scold them for being too noisy. I laughed as Jisung tried to catch his breath. When the both of them pulled away, they have tears in their eyes.

Jisung pointed at them and laughed hysterically. "Why are you guys crying?" Mark kicked Jisung's legs while Jeno choked him. I was just there watching them kill him while eating my blueberry cheese cake.

I felt a tap behind me and saw Minnie with a wide smile on her face. "Did Jisung really remember?" She asked. "Jaemin had a crush on you before he confessed!" Jisung said before being engulfed under his best friends again.

"Is he joking?" I shook my head. "After you texted me that Jaemin confessed to you, Jisung told me he already has a crush on you too. When I also told Jisung on your first day that you have a crush on Jaem, he heard it."

She pouted and glared at Jisung. "You are such a head ass!" He laughed and pushed both his friends away. "If anyone of you are going to ask wherever the other two love birds are, he took Shinhyuk on a date." Jeno nodded. "We don't know where."

"Well, I'm pretty sure she won't walk properly tomorrow." We all glared at Jisung and the other two started slapping his mouth. "Bad mouth."

Minnie sighed. "Guys, let Jisung eat. He just got his memories back." They instantly stopped and went to their own table. "We won't disturb ya two." Mark smirked at us.

"They never change." I heard Jisung mumble. I nodded in agreement and we finished our food after a few minutes. We bid goodbye to Mark, Jeno and Minnie before going home.

"Are you scared of a bus stop now?" I asked Jisung as we walked to the bus stop near the school. He shook his head, chuckling. "Not really. Cars, but you took me to cabs." I covered my mouth and paused on walking.

"I'm sorry!" He took my arm and held my hand. "It's okay. You didn't know." By the time we arrived, a bus was already there so we hopped inside. We took a seat near the window and I saw the same old couple I saw with Jihoon.

There were no seats left so I told Jisung to give them our chairs. "Grandma, you can have our seats." Her husband went on to sit, newspaper in hand. "Oh, sorry for my husband's behavior. Anyway, why, it's you, young lady," She looked at Jisung. "And who's this? Where's the other boy?"

"Oh, he's my boyfriend, Grandma. The other one was my friend and his cousin." She nodded and slowly took a seat. "Sorry for mistaking you with having a relationship with that boy. You two look great together,"

She suddenly took Jisung's hand. "Don't leave her, boy. Girls like her are hard to find. You're lucky to find someone like her." Jisung glanced at me and smiled. "I won't, Grandma. I promise both her and you."

She smiled and the bus moved. After a few minutes, we arrived at our bus stop and we bid goodbye to her and her husband, which noticed us just now. I heard him call us 'weird kids'.

As we walked back to our apartment, Jisung was smiling so wide. "You're acting weird." I said. He sighed in relief. "I can't wait to marry you." He went ahead while I stopped on my tracks.

"Excuse me, what?!"

•••

Minnie's POV

I didn't see Jaemin enter the café when I was working. I figured out he was tired and I understand that. He helped me a lot already and he should also rest.

I just finished changing into my clothes and I saw a silhouette of a boy near the door. I walked towards it and the lights went off. I opened the door and stepped out to see Jaemin.

"What the—What are you doing here?" I asked him, grabbing his shoulders. He just smiled brightly and kissed my forehead. "I heard Sungie got his memories back?" I nodded.

"Either Jeno or Mark told you, right?" He nodded and we started walking to my house. "Mark did." He replied. "Yah, it's so late. Why did you even bother walking me home? You must be tired." I said, worried.

"Minnie, it's okay. I like walking you home and what can happen to you here? Don't push me away. I'm just worried about you, too." He said, looking down on his shoes.

My paces slowed down. Out of my will, I hugged him from the back. "What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head. "Thank you for always being there for me." I felt Jaemin kiss my palm.

"You're welcome. Come on, I like walks and you're making it insanely long."

•••