08. i won't leave you alone

Hoyeon's POV

I took a night bath in Jisung's bathroom and I changed into my pajamas there. I stepped out of the room after wearing my jacket and saw Jihoon placing my pillows on the couch.

"Aww, thank you, brother bear." He turned his head to me and smiled. He tapped my head. "Anything, Goldie." Our heads, including Jisung's, turned to the door when we heard a knock.

It slowly opened and there was a black-haired Minnie and blonde Jaemin. "Hoyeon!" She ran towards me and hugged me immediately. I patted her back and chuckled.

"Ah, Jisoo noonah, come in first." Jaemin said and made way for my bestie when she got pushed by both Jeno and Mark. "Hello, hoes!" Mark screamed while Jeno laughed.

I glanced at Jisung and he was giving Mark a weird look. Haechan came in with Shinhyuk, looking so disappointed with his cousin's behavior. Shinhyuk looked at Jisung and waved her hand. "Hello~."

He smiled at her and nodded once. Minnie broke our hug and I told everyone to shut up. "Guys, we talked about this." Jisoo said seriously. Jeno and Mark nodded instantly and their heads whipped to Jisung.

"Jisungie!!"

"We miss you!"

The latter's eyes widened when they jumped on him, hugging him. "Mark! Jeno!" The two of them pulled away. "H-Hi.. Mark and uh.. Jeno." Jisung said awkwardly.

Mark's mouth formed into an 'o'. "Oh, shiz, right. You--" Jisung caught him off. "--forgot my memories, yes. Sorry if I forgot you guys. I'll try to remember slowly because head aches might occur." They nodded.

"Hi, Jisung. I'm Minnie, this is Jaemin." Jisung waved at them. "They're together." My mouth blabbered. Minnie looked at me with a blush on her cheeks while Jaemin looked proud.

"Oh~, you guys are so cute together." Minnie immediately covered her face in embarrassment while Jaemin just hugged her, chuckling.

Jisung looked at us one by one and smiled. "I can see why we are friends." Mark and Jeno ugly-cried and Jihoon shouted, "Group hug!" He dragged me towards Jisung and we did a hug.

We pulled away and Jisung's friends cheered like crazy. I just laughed at them and saw Jisung already comfortable around their company.

For minutes, we chatted and talked, of course, avoiding personal informations. We talked about school and our project. "Oh, Shinhyuk. Did you print it?" I asked. Our heads turned to her and she nodded.

"Yep, thanks to him." She said and pointed at Haechan with her thumb. He just smiled shyly and Jisung asked what our project was. We told him about Hades and he looked so shocked, like he never heard of it before.

I mean, he has amnesia.

"Guys," We all went silent when Jisung spoke up. "Are there any chance that I'll get my memories back?" He asked. We all looked at each other and Minnie answered a 'yes'.

"Memory recovery may happen on its own after being triggered by something in the person's surroundings or therapy, but I'm not sure about the second choice," She raised a brow. "Do you do therapy?"

Jisung shook his head. I glanced at Jisoo and Jihoon and saw Sungie the bear on him. I reached out my hands. "Jihoon, give me back my Sungie." He was gonna give it back to me when the room went silent.

"What?"

"What's the bear's name?" Jisoo asked. I glanced at Jisung and he also looked curious. "S-Sungie." I snatched it from Jihoon's hand and hugged it. I heard Jisung chuckle, muttering a 'cute'.

He better shut up.

"Oh, it's getting late." Jaemin said, looking at the wall clock. He stood up and dragged Minnie with him. "Minnie and I will go ahead. I'm still gonna walk her home."

We squealed and Minnie just pouted again. Jaemin tapped his finger on her lips. "What are you pouting at, huh? Aren't you proud that I'm your ever handsome boyfriend?"

"'You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards'." I copied Iron Man's line from Infinity War. Minnie waved her hand. "We'll be going. Bye~, see you on Monday, you two." She looked at me and Jisung.

Mark and Jeno also stood up. "Yeah, we should get going, too," Mark suddenly grinned. "I'm gonna have a girlfriend!" He cheered but Haechan said, "Yes, but she lives in Italy."

"She's Korean but she moved to Italy. Why are you reading my convos?" Haechan gave him a look. "You made an open group chat," He pursed his lips after Haechan said that. "I'll leave the chat later on."

Shinhyuk stood up. "Don't you have some paper works to finish?" She asked Haechan. He followed and kissed her. "I know, that's why we're going home," He looked at us. "See you guys on Monday. I hope you're better now, Jisung."

"I'm fine now, thank you." He said, smiling. They bid goodbye and left. Jisoo looked at Jihoon. "We should be going, too." The both of them stood up and hugged me and Jisung before leaving.

"Take care." I nodded at Jisoo before they left and closed the door. I looked at Jisung and he has a wide smile on his face. "Do you feel good?" I asked. He nodded. "They were really good friends. They're fun."

I sighed and sat on the couch. "I know." I felt Sungie beside me and I hugged it. I went under the covers and lied down the couch. "Are you going to be okay in there? You can go home." Jisung suggested.

I smiled at him. "You don't want to be alone, do you?" He slowly shook his head. I chuckled. "Me, too. Good night, Jisung. Sweet dreams." I said and drifted off to sleep.

•••

Jisung's POV

I accidentally woke up in the middle of the night. The lights were off and the air was cold because of the aircon. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, seeing Hoyeon's sleeping figure on the couch.

I noticed something off. I went down my bed and walked towards her. She was shivering. Maybe she was cold because of the aircon.

I saw her blanket on the floor. I picked it up and placed it over her until it reached her neck. I patted it and looked at her.

She was crying.. again.

She hugged her bear Sungie closer to her and she mumbled some words I don't understand. Later, I heard another, "I'm sorry, Jisung."

I smiled and leaned my mouth near her ear. "I forgive you." I whispered and softly kissed her forehead. I pulled away but she suddenly held my hand. "No, no, no.." She cried.

"Don't leave me again.."

I sighed and bent down next to her. I wrapped her hand around mine. "No, I won't.." I muttered. "I won't leave you alone."

•••